Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver - confirmation e-mail

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Line Rental Saver - confirmation e-mail

Hi
I have renewed my LRS which was due to end in December so my existing LRS should still cover Novembers line rental.
The LRS confirmation e-mail is, I hope, misleading as it states "Your Line Rental Saver contract will start when your next monthly bill is taken".
This would be correct if I was signing up to LRS rather than renewing. Hopefully mine will continue from December and I will not loose a months LRS!
In addition, the e-mail link to the LRS FAQ does not work http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver-faq/ it takes me to the PN home page - no mention of LRS there.
In fact when I use the PN search facility for Line Rental Saver none of the links in the results work. They all resolve to the the PN home page.
It seems like Line Rental Saver has been banished for the PN web site!
Richard
15 REPLIES 15
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Line Rental Saver - confirmation e-mail

That's the same email that we all received ( got one last year as well) and it doesn't mean that you are losing out - as you say it's confusing.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, sorry about that - I'll get this raised and see what we can get done about it.
I can confirm though that your contract will be renewed, our system is showing that you did so on the 11th? If you check your account details when logged into our website and check your home phone panel, what does that show?

RichardB
Seasoned Champion

Hi Matt

Quote from: Matt
I can confirm though that your contract will be renewed

Thanks for the confirmation Smiley
our system is showing that you did so on the 11th?

Yes the 11th of October is when I renewed LRS.
If you check your account details when logged into our website and check your home phone panel, what does that show?

I have never seen any reference to LRS being active (other than my monthly Line Rental being set to £0.00) in my account.
I can find no indication regarding when I took out LRS or when I renewed it.
The only confirmation of renewal is the e-mail, which states that my LRS will start next month, I should have one month left on my previous years LRS payment.
Thus, my new LRS should start in December not next month.
Richard

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I received the same message when I renewed my LRS in July, the previous year's didn't finish until the end of August.
To make things worse though, they started charging line rental as well - that's another thing though which I raised elsewhere. Sad Just waiting to see what happens with my next bill at the beginning of November!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@newagetraveller
We still have an open problem regarding that issue ID 77120. I've added your details to that and I'm doing what I can to get this looked into as soon as possible.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As I have recently renewed my 12 months line rental it would be nice if it said 'This is due to expire on 07-01-2015' instead of 'This is due to expire on 07-01-2014'.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
RichardB
Seasoned Champion

Hi Strat
Where did you see the expiry date?
On the renewal reminder e-mail or the member centre?
I am struggling to find any info re my LRS in the member centre.
Richard
peter10
Grafter

Got to agree with Strat. I renewed my LRS which runs out in December and so the renewal should start from then. However the email I received says
"We've taken your payment, thanks for choosing Line Rental Saver
Your Line Rental Saver contract will start when your next monthly bill is taken.
"
It was a similar situation last year but I would have thought that PN would be able to send the correct information by now.
Strat
Community Veteran

@RichardB Have a look here https://portal.plus.net/apps/linerental/saver/portal
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
RichardB
Seasoned Champion

Thanks Strat - the details of my current LRS are correct on that page
Where did you find that page?
I cannot see a way of navigating to it via the Member centre.
Richard
Strat
Community Veteran

Sorry I can't remember, I have it bookmarked.
Someone else, maybe a staff member will have posted it.
Apprentice
Grafter

That's a useful link, especially once my phone is moved over to PN in the coming two to three weeks, at this moment in time I'm still waiting for the broadband to be shifted across ...... maybe Thursday if it takes five working days for an internal migration.
Anyway Strat thanks for sharing it.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The link posted by Strat is the secure page this redirects to, but http://www.plus.net/rentalsaver/ is a simpler link. Note the "folder" text does not include the word 'line'.
David
Apprentice
Grafter

Thank you spraxyt for that link, as a matter of interest can that LRS info/web page be opened via a link/tab in the member centre?