Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver T&C same as BT?

Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Line Rental Saver T&C same as BT?

Looking at the small print for BT's version of Line Rental Saver  - I see the following:
"Two calls must be made each month to avoid a monthly charge of £1.50 or a quarterly charge of £4.50."
Does this apply to the PN version as well?
If so do the calls have to be chargeable or do evening/weekend free calls count?
If it does, and you do not make any calls, then that would cancel out any saving.  Undecided
Derek
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line Rental Saver T&C same as BT?

Plusnet don't have any restrictions like that
peter10
Grafter

I have Plusnet Line Rental Saver and anytime calls. All my calls were "free" last month and I didn't have to pay any extra money.
Last year when I was with BT the inclusive calls counted so all it seemed to mean was that you had to make two calls which didn't have to be chargeable. As Oldjim says I don't think you even have to do this with Plusnet.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Certainly there's no mention of this type of requirement in the Line Rental Saver FAQs, nor (unless I've missed it) has the topic been mentioned in the discussion thread in these forums.
Are you sure that requirement for BT isn't associated with retaining free 1571 and Caller Display? Plusnet provide 1571 free but charge £0.99 pcm for Caller Display.
David
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just to confirm we don't include that in the Ts and Cs for our line rental saver offer.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thank you for your replies.
Now with confirmation, it is safe to add the phone to my broadband with Plusnet.  Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

no problem there, it when you move your phone to a not BT retail outfit you get problems i.e Sky, TalkTalk Virgin, as they move the line that your broadband is on and you loose it
choo
Grafter

Also with  the Lrs T&C's
If you migrate away your broadband to another provider with in the year  can you keep the your phone account with PN by changing to the dail up option?
Thanks  Smiley
choo

James
Grafter

Choo - By default you would change to what we call a "Generic Services" account if you move your broadband away, which would allow you to keep your phone with us.
choo
Grafter

Thanks James
I didn't even know there was such a product -  (I was going off the pay as you go dial up product  for keeping the account active.)
Hopefully wont need to change broadband , but it help puts my mind at ease./
Thanks again
choo Smiley
James
Grafter

It's just an internal name - not something you can buy from us Smiley
Obviously we understand if someone might want to move thewir broadband to another supplier - but lots of people like ius for phone rental too, so we don't want to force people to move both away at the same time (which would be a bit silly!).