cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver Renewal

Grezzer36
Grafter

Line Rental Saver Renewal

I took out line rental saver on its launch, so I think  it's due to expire after my Nov billing date. From other posts I understand that being within 3 months of expiry I can renew now (befor 28th Oct) at the current pre increase rate of  approx £113. I assume the renewal will come into effect after current contract expires (though debit obviously taken sooner). Assuming all this to be correct I want to take sign up for another year of line rental saver. Looking forward to receiving confirmation that I've got my facts right.
19 REPLIES 19
Oldjim
Community Veteran
Fixes: 63

Re: Line Rental Saver Renewal

You have although I think that the deadline has moved to mid November due to a cock up in sending out the original emails
just go to here to renew https://portal.plus.net/apps/linerental/saver/portal
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi OldJim,
I had a look at the link you have supplied above.  It says I have good news that I can take up, at the current rate, the LRS prior to mine expiring on 24/12/12.  But I can only do this by paying by Card although I have had Direct Debit set up ever since I opened my BB account with PN.
Chandu.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

From another thread
Quote from: Bob
We've never been able to take one off payments via Direct Debit. ..., the initial payment when first signing up's ok but subsequent renewals will need paying via card.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,459

BT are the same
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: alanf

Quote from: Bob
... the initial payment when first signing up's ok but subsequent renewals will need paying via card.

So, how much will it cost for using the card payment?
adie:green fixed quote
Oldjim
Community Veteran
Fixes: 63

however much the cost is - there is no card surcharge
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: Oldjim
- there is no card surcharge

Thanks Oldjim.  That's reassuring.
Chandu.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received renewal email today, containing ...
Your Line Rental Saver is due to expire on 25/12/2012.
To continue saving on your line rental, you can renew using the following link:
Link (false)
If you don't renew before 25/12/2012 we'll change your line rental to a monthly payment.
(You'll still be able to sign up for Line Rental Saver in the future, should you wish.)
(Date slightly changed, for security)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Line Rental Saver is the cheapest way to pay for your home phone line rental.
Pay for 12 months line rental up front for £113.88, equivalent to £9.49 a month, compared to our usual line rental price of £12.99 a month.
(From 18th November 2012, the price of Line Rental Saver is changing to £125.88, equivalent to £10.49 a month, compared to a monthly line rental price of £13.99 a month.)
Grezzer36
Grafter

Thanks OldJim for reply. Just tried to renew via link you provided. OK til verification by visa page supposed to appear but only got "unable to dispay webpage" So now don't know if payment went through, I assume it didn;t. Will have to phone PNet tomorrow to see what position is.
Thanks again for clarifying situation.
spraxyt
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 75

If it did go through you should find a service notice (closed ticket) on your account and receive an email acknowledging the payment.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Sorry about the verified by visa thing not showing up, I've just checked your account and we haven't received the payment unfortunately so it's not renewed yet. Please try again and let us know if the same thing happens again as we'll need to get that sorted out 😕
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: PlusComUK
Line Rental Saver is due to expire on 25/12/2012.
Pay for 12 months line rental up front for £113.88, equivalent to £9.49 a month, compared to our usual line rental price of £12.99 a month.
(From 18th November 2012, the price of Line Rental Saver is changing to £125.88, equivalent to £10.49 a month, compared to a monthly line rental price of £13.99 a month.)

Does this mean if I renew my rental due 25/12/02, before 18th November, I get the next year at the reduced £113.88, same as this year ?
spraxyt
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 75

Quote from: PlusComUK
Does this mean if I renew my rental due 25/12/02, before 18th November, I get the next year at the reduced £113.88, same as this year ?

Yes it does. You pay the going rate at the time of renewal which is currently £113.88 and it takes effect when the current agreement expires.
Note that the payment will have to be by card even if you have a DD on your account. However there is no card processing fee.
David
Grezzer36
Grafter

Thanks Spraxyt,& Matt for confirmation payment didn't go through last night. Have just tried again & been successful. It was about midnight last night so perhaps there was some maintenace going on with visa secure site. Have had auto confirmation email of order. The wording is set for new orders rather than renewals but I assume new contract will start when current one expires late Dec.  Smiley