Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver (Losing a month?!)

FIXED
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Line Rental Saver (Losing a month?!)

I thought at last that I had brought my internet and phone in line for 12 months.

I agreed the broadband a couple of weeks in advance and was told I could pay the LRS later nearer the due date.  Phoning in today (very speedy answer!) I was now told that LRS would not take effect until the following month after payment and I would pay the full rate for the first month of the new bradband contract.

I am not likely to suffer financial hardship over two quid but the whole billing and pricing system borders on farce.

PN are a subsidiary of BT but their new customer deal sounds (too late now) a lot simpler to understand.  Fortunately PN provide a no frills service that does seem to work well.  Are ISPs even more irritating than energy suppliers.....?!

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Line Rental Saver (Losing a month?!)

Hi @TeeGee,

I'm sorry that you have been told different things regarding your line rental saver renewal and for any concern or confusion that this has caused. I can confirm that, as you've not yet had another bill after renewing your broadband, there is still time to renew your line rental saver before the first bill of your new broadband contract is produced and the line rental saver would come off this bill. It appears that the second advisor that you spoke to has given you the wrong information and I will pass on feedback about this.

As long as you renew your line rental saver on or before the day prior to your next billing date, this will run in line with your broadband contract.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

@EmilyD 

Thanks for reply. I spoke to "Robert" today who was very helpful and more informative than previous contact.  Having dome my best to bring phone and broadband into sync in January 2019 it seems that I was one month adrift then and am still one month adrift now. No idea how that happened but I guess I will just have to live with it.

Phone and internet are separate "products" but you cannot have one without the other so why keep them separate?!  It does allow a saving on line rental by paying that upfront but variable broadband discounts further confuse the annual cost calculation for the customer and a bad deal negates the LRS.

The good news is a good speed from ADSL2 and no spam in the email.    I am grateful for that!

Have a good New Year

TG

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @TeeGee.

I'm pleased the advisor you spoke with yesterday was helpful. With regards to how our products are classed, I'll ensure your feedback is passed on to the relevant department

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team