cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Paid in Advance but now included?

FIXED
PaulBenn
Dabbler

Line Rental Paid in Advance but now included?

I see that line rental now appears to be included in Plusnet packages. I paid my line rental for a year in advance. Does that mean I have now paid for something that others are getting for free?

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Line Rental Paid in Advance but now included?

Fix

No. The package prices still include an amount for line rental, they just don't show it separately. If you take LRS with the new packages then the monthly amount is reduced by the normal cost of line rental.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

It's not easy now to find on the PN website what the line rental cost actually is, though.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@NorthPole - Following changes brought in by the ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) broadband providers must provide all-inclusive pricing as of 31/10/16.

More information can be found here: https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2016/10/new_rules_on_broadband_price_claims_in_ads_implemente...

As a result, the ASA has implemented a new system from today (October 31st) that means suppliers must show upfront and monthly costs with no separation of line rental prices.

The ASA believes the changes will force providers to be clearer on pricing in their promotional material, as well as stop people feeling misled by broadband adverts.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

HarryB - yes, thanks, I did appreciate that; but it would still be helpful for the rental element of the total package price to be separately identified. This would, for example, enable PN customers to make a judgment on whether LRS (assuming it continues to be offered) is worth paying upfront for.

PaulBenn
Dabbler

NorthPole - information on Line Rental Saver and comparative costs is given here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/ under call plans

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

Thanks PaulBenn, useful link.