Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Automatic Renewal

FIXED
amy2

Line Rental Automatic Renewal

Hi,

I paid £197.88 for my line rental march 2020 for a 12 month contract. I missed the cut off date to renew the 12 month contract, so i am going to be charged monthly.

Does this mean that i can cancel Plusnet if i ever wanted to switch because i am being charged monthly? And will this monthly charged be fixed (the monthly amount won't change), or will it change?

Any help would be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 19

Re: Line Rental Automatic Renewal

@amy2 

Whilst you are now going to pay for your line rental on a monthly basis, are you still in a contract for your broadband? If so then if you leave before the contract is over, you will incur early termination charges. 

As for the monthly charges, Plusnet will probably increase their charges for line rental each year and will also do likewise for broadband unless you are on a fixed price contract (all recent contracts include a price rise mechanism whereby prices increase by CPI plus 3/9% annually).

amy2

Actually yes I am on a contract for my wifi until may 2022, i actually don't want to leave but i just wanted to know my options, so I can leave but would face a termination charge for my wifi contract is that correct?

I do have a fixed price contract for my wifi, so will i still have to pay my extra bit monthly on top of my now monthly line rental bill?

Just to clarify I will now get charged monthly for my line rental and then any extra i pay for my wifi? or is wifi contained within my line rental payments? (i am assuming because i upgraded my wifi that it is not included? but if i didn't upgrade it would have been?)

Sorry about all the questions i just want to make sure i have it right. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 323

Fix

@amy2 

Put in simple terms, whatever you  are paying now will increase by £20.29 (I think) a month.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

amy2

great thank you!