cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Now Active But Still Shockingly Poor Administration.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Line Now Active But Still Shockingly Poor Administration.

Our line was installed a couple of hours ago & was active immediately but we've just had two texts from Plusnet, one saying "an engineer will install your phone line on blank date" & a second one saying "Your phone line install has been changed to blank date".
Also when logged into the members centre our line doesn't show as installed & the phone control panel just shows a message saying the home phone shows an inconsistency with your records.
They both invite us, if we want to discuss the matter,  to phone 0345 140 0200 & select "Ask about a recent order", but the call waiting time is given as 30 minutes so given the options of
A: talking immediately to someone in India or
B: waiting 30 minutes + to talk to someone in Yorkshire
We'd probably choose option A.
I suggest ditching the grinning buffoon who fronts your adverts & putting the money into the admimistration because you can only make the first impression once & it hasn't been good.
15 REPLIES 15
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Line Now Active But Still Shockingly Poor Administration.

Hi caravanj,
After a couple of lengthy calls into Openreach it seems that the order is still open and works are still ongoing as they have informed that off-site cabling work as well as routing still need to be carried out and signed off which is why nothing has been processed on the account by way of activation or broadband order.
They've advised that we may be able to close off the order tomorrow so we'll need to check this with them once the engineering notes are updated but for the time being we're going to await that update before we can close and activate the phone service on our side and then get the broadband order placed.
We're sorry for the delay in the order and hope to see this completed tomorrow, I'll keep an note to check this for you again and then I'll give you another update on the situation.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi caravanj,
if your landline is now active you can call Plusnet on 0800-4320200 should the need arise - that won't shorten the wait times though  Roll_eyes
Anotherone
Champion

Just read your other thread as well. If you dial 17070 it will tell you the phone number of the circuit your are on. Hope that tallies with what you've been told  Wink  You could also select Option 2, the quiet line test and make sure your line has no crackles, pops and whistles etc. because if the line is noisy, your broadband connection when installed will be troublesome.
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Adam
Hi caravanj,
After a couple of lengthy calls into Openreach it seems that the order is still open and works are still ongoing as they have informed that off-site cabling work as well as routing still need to be carried out and signed off which is why nothing has been processed on the account by way of activation or broadband order.
They've advised that we may be able to close off the order tomorrow so we'll need to check this with them once the engineering notes are updated but for the time being we're going to await that update before we can close and activate the phone service on our side and then get the broadband order placed.
We're sorry for the delay in the order and hope to see this completed tomorrow, I'll keep an note to check this for you again and then I'll give you another update on the situation.

The sheer staggering incompetence of the Plusnet system displayed by your reply is breathtaking as we've had a working phone line since 10:00 hrs yesterday so if Plusnet didn't activate it then who did?
P.S. My issues are not with any Plusnet team members or even Plusnet but rather with the Plusnet system.
Anotherone
Champion

Openreach will have activated it after they'd finished the installation.
It's not the incompetence of the Plusnet system at all.  Adam stated that he'd spoken to Openreach and it's damned obvious that even they have not got their systems up to date or the chap he spoke to would have known the line was working  And until they do get their system up to date, Plusnet's system won't update. Maybe the engineer who did the job hasn't input the required report yet or some other Openretch person hadn't acted on the report. Whichever, I do hope Adam looks into this and puts in the relevant report so that Openretch get a complaint.
This is not Plusnet's or Adam's fault.
What's staggering is that Openretch are STILL making these sort of blunders.
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Point taken but I was referring to the fact that I told Plusnet yesterday that the line was installed & active & gave them our number so I can't see any reason to have conversations with Openreach about routing, cabling etc.
As soon as Openreach started to talk about unfinished routing, cabling etc I would have expected Plusnet to tell Openreach that the line was active.
Thanks for the BT test number which did indeed confirm that our number was the correct one & that the line was quiet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I would have expected Plusnet to tell Openreach that the line was active
There's the problem.
I don't think you can TELL Openreach anything Roll_eyes if their computer system says the line isn't active, it isn't!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Well since it's only us who know our line's active, I suppose it's reasonable to assume we won't be getting billed for any calls made from what everyone else thinks is a dead line.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Good point Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Everything's sorted now, the line's shown as active & the phone control panel function is working.
Our broadband will be live on the 21st August.
Anotherone
Champion

Hopefully, Good Luck  Wink
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

I bought a month's subscription to BT Wi-fi-Fon on case of any delays so the BB connection isn't too urgent.
The update information now coming from PN has improved markedly & the member centre is a useful facility, especially the phone control panel.
Anotherone
Champion

Thank goodness for good news Wink
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Yes & the router arrived today so it's looking good.