cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Fault

krasched

Line Fault

Hello,

I have a fault with my landline since yesterday afternoon. Symptoms are: no dial done on the landline, unstable adsl broadband with frequent dropouts, phone suddenly ringing continuously with a high/low pitch continuous tone on pickup. When calling the landline the call goes straight to voicemail. Performed usual checks, unplugged all equipment, replaced splitters with no success. Ran several line tests using the online tool from the Plusnet help page. Test doesn't complete successfully if I perform it from the adsl connection and reports 'oopps something seems to have gone wrong' error. When I perform the test from a mobile phone it completes and reports that the fault is with my equipment even when I have everything disconnected. Everything was working fine until yesterday morning and nothing was changed since.

My Line and service are both by Plusnet - I am in North London.

I do not know whether my tests have opened a ticket automatically and I am unable to contact customer services over the phone.

Can anybody assist please/is anybody aware of any wider issues in this area?

Many thanks

Karim

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Line Fault

Have you had a look at your tickets here Tickets to see if one has been created.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@krasched Welcome to the forums. If you have done all you say above, this tends to point to a BT/OR network problem on your line.

To check whether your tests have opened a ticket automatically, log into your account - if there is an open ticket, it will be displayed on your 'home' page. The 'oops' message can appear even if the line test completes.

John
krasched

Thank you John + Moderator!

Doesn't look like a ticket is open...my line is still dead - I shall try another line check....😣

Is there anything else I can try since I can't get through on the phone either?

Thanks

Karim

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

OK, Karim. Unfortunately I can't think of another option, but if you try calling very early in the morning (0900 looks like opening time).

Continue with the auto line test - it may raise a ticket.

John