Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Cord Error

Capejjc

Line Cord Error

I cant make or receive calls.
Phone says line cord error.
Cant make or receive calls.
When you ring the line it rings on your end so looks like nobody picking up but it doesnt actually ring at the end u ringing.
Broadband works fine.
Ive unplugged phone and tried another plug in phone and that doeant receive a tone either..... any help please.....
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Line Cord Error

This can happen, it's probably a fault upstream of the fibre cabinet. However it's just worth checking plugging the phone into the test socket, that's the one you find if you take the front off the BT Master Socket, and plug a phone in here with no microfilter.

If it's still dead then follow this: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/ If you follow through to the phone troubleshooter I understand that it will automatically raise a phone fault for you. Alternatively ring Plusnet on another phone and report a phone fault.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

The phone troubleshooter has a habit of returning an error message, even though it has raised a fault report.

If in doubt you can check here - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search (log in required).

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Apologies for the delayed response.

I can see you've spoken with our support team who identified a fault at the exchange.

This has now been fixed and your line should be working.

Let us know if you're still having issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team