Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving PlusNet because they are not doing me proud

Fourvees
Dabbler

Leaving PlusNet because they are not doing me proud

Leaving Plusnet ,

Paid my Line Rental in advance 

The New ISP wants to start the service 5 days before my current end of contract 

Plusnet want to charge me £3.66 for leaving a few days before the 12 months is up 

Never heard of anyone one charging extra when you have paid in advance 

Do they realise how unreasonable this sounds ?

Hopefully Plusnet will give an answer to this 

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Leaving PlusNet because they are not doing me proud

The charge is probably another accounts  screw up that will get sorted.

However if I read your post right you are leaving because Plusnet is charging you £3.66 to leave and hence not doing you proud.

I’m confused!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Fourvees,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I appreciate your point about how unreasonable the £3.66 charge sounds. The charge you have quoted is however valid for each month remaining of your contract if you have Broadband & Phone (Line Rental Saver option).

As you have stated you are leaving within the last month of your contract under this arrangement then the charge does apply. Further details about Broadband and Phone early termination charges can be found here. If you would like the cancellation date to be changed then this should be easy to accommodate via your new provider.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

Fourvees
Dabbler

Nope,

They are rigid in their terms and conditions , don't know the meaning of reasonable or the fact that you have paid up front for line rental.

Plusnet want you to stay to the bitter last nanosecond or they will charge you an early leaving fee , they have repeatedly confirmed this.

You have to suffer the service and ask your new ISP to switch over the day after the last day of your contract .

Now that's what I call Obstructive and not making it easy to switch to a new service provider .which is what Ofcom expect from ISP's but here you have clear evidence of why you should leave this company.