cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Homephone

BlueMeany
Grafter

Leaving Homephone

I had an email about the price increase due in September.
I wish to take the option of moving supplier for my Home Phone (have applied already and asked for a transfer date of 20th August)
Email says I have to give plusnet 14 days notice - which I have tried to do by replying to the email (and now posting here - as I can't find a support email address anywhere on the web)
I intend to keep my fibre broadband contract however, as I'm extremely pleased with the service. I am just transferring Phone Service.
Cheers!
19 REPLIES 19
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Leaving Homephone

Shouldn't be a problem as long as the new phone provider is on the BT network.
When you apply with a new provider for them to take over the services, we receive a customer leaving notification which advises another provider is taking over the line. Due to Ofcom regulations, these types of orders have a minimum lead time of 14 days (Or 10 working days) and this gives us the notice we ask for from you.
I've double checked your account and can see that the notification has come through here  Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I intend to keep my fibre broadband contract
Will moving your Phone not mean that your Fibre broadband increases by £2.50/month ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi, yes that is correct. Once the phone line has transferred away the £2.50 will apply automatically on the next monthly bill.
BlueMeany
Grafter

Quote from: Ben
Hi, yes that is correct. Once the phone line has transferred away the £2.50 will apply automatically on the next monthly bill.

Ype, as Ben says, I knew about that... I don't use the home phone whatsoever, and with Post Office offering three months free line rental (equiv to £45) and topcashback offering £42 too... the £2.50 increase is negated for best part of three years!
PS Ben, I have had an email (titled 'Moving your phone service - what you need to know) from plusnet saying that because I am leaving, I will be charged an early termination charge of £58.25. Presumably this is just a standard letter, as I have done everything by your book for moving due to increased pricing.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Shouldn't be a problem as long as the new phone provider is on the BT network.
and with Post Office
Don't the Post Office use the TalkTalk LLU network ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

KevinA
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

LLU network ?

I was thinking that too, If it does turn out to be LLU then PN won't be able to continue to provide the broadband part?
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Do we assume the OP has lost his broadband connection and hasn't been able to post an update  Lips_are_sealed
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As far as I'm aware, they're still online.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: MisterW
Don't the Post Office use the TalkTalk LLU network ?

Not acording to this thinkbroadband link
Post Office Home Phone
Monthly line rental £13/month rising to £15 on 5th January 2015
Rental reduces to £10/month if you pay 12 months in advance
Simple no contract.
If a new line is required a cancellation fee may be levied if you leave within 6 months
Delivered over WLR platform, so compatible with SMPF broadband (e.g. those using BT Wholesale services)
Inclusive calls to UK landlines at weekends
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

There's another thread on here saying that new customers on Post Office are on LLU  Sad
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
BlueMeany
Grafter

This is a tad worrying as I'm happy with pn bb, only changing phone due to a serious financial situation.
Still got bb at mo, as transfer day isn't until Thursday. Does anyone know the definate on this?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I would call them (PO) and ask specifically whether the transfer of the telephone line will affect your existing broadband service.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
BlueMeany
Grafter

I emailed them on Monday (as wanted it in writing), not had a response, so phoned this morning. The guy didn't seem to have a clue (surprise!) but did know my email was on the system and said it had been passed on to the technical team for a response asap. He did confirm that PO phone is provided by Talk Talk, but didn't understand LLU/BT
He also confirmed that I have until 4pm today to cancel order, if needed. If I do cancel (looking likely) I'm assuming nothing will happen with Plusnet and everything will just continue as before, or will I need to email Plusnet to advise?
dick:quote
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Providing the order is cancelled, it should all just carry on as it was.  Smiley
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet