cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late notice of move in respect of Homephone

jmd
Grafter

Late notice of move in respect of Homephone

I am moving but due to some delays may end up with only 3 or 4 days  between exchange of contracts and completion therefore I will not have confirmation of move 7 to 10 days as suggested in HomePhone moving guide.  Does that mean if I only give that much notice that I will have no telephone for some time after I move?  Also does it mean I may have to wait some time before I get internet/email access again?
Has anyone else been in this situation? Huh
26 REPLIES 26
James
Grafter

Re: Late notice of move in respect of Homephone

When I first moved to Sheffield, it took BT 3 weeks to activate my telephone line, because they had to send an engineer.
I'll ask Mand to have a look into your situation.  She's our HomePhone expert.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
If you're lucky we may be able to get the order through in time, particularly if there's a BT line there already.
Unfortunately we cannot forecast this until we try and place the order, so all I can suggest is that you get the information to us as quickly as possible.
Feel free to give me a nudge once you've raised the house move ticket and I'll pick it up for you and see what I can arrange. Smiley
You will definitely have a period without internet access, as we'll have to place a new order for broadband once the Home Phone transfer has occurred, which will take around 7 days to complete (you will have 0845 dial up access in the meantime).
jmd
Grafter

does it help with the speed of changeover if you know who other people use for phone and internet?  or does that not make a difference...........
Mand
Grafter

It doesn't usually make a difference, as the line isn't ours there's nothing we can do with it until BT Wholesale can complete the changeover.
jmd
Grafter

I am not now giving late notice of my move but found the Form very odd to complete as when you confirm that you wish to move nothing happens so have raised a ticket anyway. I tried phoning but as I nhave a hearing problem found your instructions as to which button to press very unclear!  Perhaps you should consider the needs of those of us with less than perfect hearing.
However, I am not at all sure whether my Move Request has actually gone anywhere so wait ticket reply!
Mand
Grafter

Got your ticket.
Can you please fill in the info I have requested, and I'll then get this sorted for you this afternoon. Smiley
jmd
Grafter

Thanks Mand for prompt response!  Ticket replied to.
jmd
Grafter

Mand responded to my ticket quickly but now I have 2 conflicting replies!  One says line will cease 21.9 and another says 27.9 I thought if you gave good notice then your telephone service would not be lost for 6 days!  I understand the broadband takes longer.
That means I will have no way of communicating with friends when I move which is not very customer friendly.
I do not use mobile as I cannot hear it very clearly so it only for emergencies.
jmd
Grafter

I am now informed that it takes 14 days to move the telephone.  Not sure why you are therefore told to give at least 7 days notice.  This seems contradictory and not very satisfactory to realise that you will have no phone for a week after you move!
astarsolutions
Grafter

I think its 7-10 days for broadband and 14 for home phone and broadband
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
I'll pick this up on Monday for you and see if we can get an earlier date.
jmd
Grafter

Thanks Mand - that would be really helpful.
jmd
Grafter

Not heard anything today so hoping Mand has been able to use her influence?
James
Grafter

Sorry JMD.  Mand's not in today (it's her day off shift for working Saturday) but she'll be in bright and early tomorrow morning and I'm sure she'll pick up on this first thing for you.