cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Caller blocking.

corystes

Last Caller blocking.

Is there any chance that Plusnet will be offering last caller blocking in the future?  Scammers and silent calls are a real pain.
I used to be with TalkTalk and it was a real benefit - especially since it was a free service!!
Lack of this service is the only thing I miss about TT. 
Come on PN, let's see it as an option.  Please.
7 REPLIES 7
NedLudd
Grafter

Re: Last Caller blocking.

You can do that with (some) Panasonic handsets and possibly others!  Cool
Have you checked for that facility on your handset? Smiley
Geoff,
York.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

We do offer choose to refuse, however you'd need to give us a call to discuss adding this on to your line.
Choose to Refuse
--
This service will allow you to bar any specific caller after the call has been terminated from calling you again (further instructions will be provided if you wish to have this service).
This service can be activated on your line within 3 working days.
However this is also a service that we have to pay for and it costs £6 per quarter.
As a goodwill gesture we can add this for you to the line and incur the cost for the first quarter.
In most cases this will resolve the problems you have been experiencing.
However, should it not and you wish to choose to continue with this service then we will need to manually bill you for it on a quarterly basis from a credit/debit card as we are unable to bill for this by direct debit.

Having said this, I believe choose to refuse (Like anonymous call reject) won't catch every call as it's not always possible.
From what I've heard the best solution to this is some sort of handset solution, such as the BT8500 handset etc.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Those BT8500's are great for blocking nuisance calls if you have Caller ID on your line. No more annoying sales, surveys or Indian scam calls since I put mine in and set it up. I picked one up off Ebay for £27.
rwaller
Grafter

woodm but only if the callers id comes up, calls from government/local council departments and hospitals/doctors always have no caller id making these things useless because you cannot add them to the allow list - it's one of the things that annoy me about government/hospitals etc.
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I block International to get rid of the Indian scam calls and have Withheld and Unavailable set to Announce which means calls from those numbers are answered by the 8500 before the phone rings and the caller is asked who they are and then told to hold. Then the 8500 rings you and says you have a call from whomever and you're asked whether you want to take it, send it to voicemail or reject it in which case you then hang up and the caller is told by the 8500 that the owner of the line has decided not to take their call & to hang up. It's not an exact science but no nuisance callers have decided to identify themselves so far & so my phone hasn't rung for those calls.
jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

It is a brilliant phone & it works perfect for me. Smiley Grin
https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
corystes

Thanks to all those who replied. The information is most helpful.    My present handset can't block calls, so I'll look at those suggested and also find out more about the Plusnet choose to refuse.