cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline

Rc1
Hooked

Landline

My 96 year old mums landline is not working, the fibre net is fine. I have swapped everything, cables, Micro filter and tried a new handset plugged in direct to the socket with everything else. disconnected. Still no dial tone
This is a vulnerable person, so landline is her contact. The broadband is just for me when I stay there.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Landline

Hi @Rc1,

I'm sorry to hear that there is no dial tone on your mum's landline at the moment. Thank you for confirming that you have been through the recommended troubleshooting checks, including trying a different handset. Please send me your mum's account username or landline number over on a private message and I will look into this fault.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Rc1
Hooked

Ok thanks, account is mine [Removed]

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Rc1 

I'm sorry for the issues with your mum's phone.

I've tested the line tonight and the tests are showing an external fault so I've raised this with our suppliers and we've been provided an estimated response time of by 12/01/21 23:59:59 for an engineer to go out and investigate further.

Also I'd recommend filling out our additional support form here https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=additionalsupport so we can make sure we're offering the best support we can, which may include priority fault repair.

Once you've filled the form out, as it can take some time for our additional support team to triage, please respond to this support ticket Here with the details, namely does your mum have a careline pendant, mobile phone and/or medical conditions?

If she has medical conditions, would it be possible to provide some detail? Again please respond to the support ticket rather than publicly to protect her information (I've asked the mods to remove her username and number from your post)

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Typo corrected.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Rc1
Hooked

Now working, thank you for prioritising it
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

@Rc1