cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline straight to messaging service

Oldie

Landline straight to messaging service

Hi,

82 year old Dad recently moved to Plusnet.  I was able to call him on the landline this morning, but for last couple hours, when landine is called, it goes straight to messaging service...

No clue how to help him - can't visit in the current climate! 

Any help appreciated, as he can't be without his landline for next 12 weeks!

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Landline straight to messaging service

Sounds as though your dad hasn't replaced the receiver/cancelled the call. Anyone you can contact to check?

John
Oldie

First thing I tried...  he says that it's working sometimes but not others, and he doesn't always have a dialing tone...

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Don't take this the wrong way, please, but my late mum used to have the same problem, and when I lost a couple of hours a time to sort it, she invariably had made a call, never cancelled it, and that was the problem. Luckily she had a mobile, so I was able to persuade her to check - useful if she complained of no landline at 2AM.

John
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Oldie, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear your Dad is having phone issues as of recent. If you could please drop us a private message with your Dad's username or telephone number then we'll happily look into this for you further from this side.