cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline problems with incoming and outgoing calls

bsd111

Landline problems with incoming and outgoing calls

Hi.  We've been aware of problems with our landline for a couple of days now, these have come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and we have tested them with our mobile phones, including using a corded phone in the master socket.  Originally, incoming calls from my mobile to the landline were displayed as 'External' even though the number was known.  Then, the call from my mobile to the landline had a 'call cannot be connected' error message playing in the background at the same time as the phone was answered - double audio.  Last night when I sat with both phones in hand and tried calling the landline from my mobile, the call was answered by someone else, somewhere else!  And then later, we received a number of calls on the landline from someone trying to call a different number - looks like their calls were being misdirected to our number.

Broadband seems to be working reasonably well, although it was a bit wobbly yesterday.  If this was the olden days, I would say that someone has swapped a couple of cables round at the exchange!  No hints on the Plusnet website for this problem, online chat is unavailable, and 0800 number has an unacceptable 40 minute wait.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Landline problems with incoming and outgoing calls

Hi @bsd111,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I've raised a ticket on your account regarding this issue, which can be viewed here. Please let us know once you've been able to read through the ticket and respond to it so we can pick this back up to action as soon as possible.

If you have any further queries about this issue or any others then please don't hesitate to get back in touch either and we'll be happy to assist further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team