cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline only

ellenripley

Landline only

Hi
I'm trying to set up an account for my mum.  Can she just have a landline and not broadband.  She doesn't use the internet.
12 REPLIES 12
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Landline only

Despite positively encouraging customers to take phone line as well as broadband, Plusnet do not offer land line only.
BT are popular (but a bit expensive) I believe they offer free divert to mobile in the case of a fault, also worth looking at Post Office (cheaper if paying up front) and Zen (good price for monthly contract, low call rates, no call connection charge and per-second billing):
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/phone-packages/?s_cid=con_ppc_maxus_vidZ60_T1&vendori...
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/home-phone
https://www.zen.co.uk/home-office/voice/phone-services.aspx
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Yes you can , but through PN other brand Madasafish , you do not have to take broadband .
http://www.madasafish.com/talk/
It's one of the cheapest available at £11.99 a month including evening and weekend calls .
The equivalent from PN is £17.95 a month  
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It's not widely known, but as said above, you can still signup for Maaf for phone only.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Missed that one Tony (thanks for mentioning it - looks a good price): http://www.madasafish.com/talk/
[Edit] Odd - duplicated info from reply #2 above but that was NOT visible when I posted (tony's reply #3 was though).  Huh
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Remember it doesn't quite work with MAAF phone and Plusnet broadband, well it does work, but you wouldn't get any package deals as you'd have two accounts.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
ellenripley

Thank you everyone for the information.  Mum is in her 80s and has never got into the internet.  I'm just trying to find something cheap as she tends to text her friends!
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I wished I had known that about MAAF. I just signed my mum up with PN for phone BB as it was mentioned by a member of PN staff to drop the BB after the 12mths  because then she could have just phone.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Why not use the time to get her introduced to the joys of the Internet?  You'd be surprised what old mums and dads can do when shown.
I've seen some "old dears" from church say I'd never see any use for that and then like teenagers, having got connected, you can't get them off it!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Just to back Kevin up, I've fairly recently become friends on Facebook with a 93 year old from our Church, who has been around for as long as I can remember.  I don't think a day has gone by since without having at least 5 game requests from her!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

You've just gotta  Cheesy
Kevin

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Townman
Why not use the time to get her introduced to the joys of the Internet?  You'd be surprised what old mums and dads can do when shown.
I've seen some "old dears" from church say I'd never see any use for that and then like teenagers, having got connected, you can't get them off it!

If only......she struggles with the TV remote!
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Now this is a handy thread, the mother and I were discussing my uncle's lack of phoneline yesterday and I found that PN doesn't do line-only, we're trying to get him to use a mobile phone (he can't read and is also dyslexic) and he's struggling to get to grips with navigating menus, so a phoneline is needed really, so I'll have to point out MaaF to them today, that said I need to ask a separate question regarding the line itself to his house as it's been monkeyed with by subcontractors, so I'll go do that now... Smiley