cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Hazelnut

Landline not working

How do I get my landline to my house telephone checked.  Have called customer services and after 20 minutes got a reply.  Had forgotten user name etc but only need landline checked?Huh

6 REPLIES 6
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Landline not working

so after you got a reply what did you say to them? and what did they say to you ?
Hazelnut

They need my username and password.

As my mother is 78 and no computer or e-mail address I have now registered to try to get this fixed for her.  So when I said no username and password and not giving them bank details over the phone - nothing can be done to check the landline!  We tried alternative phone and plugging it in and nothing happened apart from same message 'check landline'.

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

i assume you are not the account holder and you weren't able to pass the security questions so that they could check the account?
Hazelnut

Know everything as myself and my sister usually keep my mother right! 

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Topic moved to what should be the correct board for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

If you PM me your landline number I'll run a test for you

Thanks for your private message.

From what I can see an engineer investigated and rectified a line fault earlier this morning. Everything working now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet