cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

janisf

Landline not working

I have come home to find no dial tone on my landline. I have reported it online as the wait time for calls was estimated as over 30 minutes and from a mobile that would cost a fortune, but the online fault reporting information gives a response time of 39 hours. We have had a death in the family and are trying to liaise with other family members to make arrangements to attend the funeral. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get my fault prioritised? I need to get the line fixed as soon as possible.
7 REPLIES 7
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Landline not working

I'm sorry for your loss. I've raised this to BT as it's showing as an exchange fault. Unfortunately the estimated response time from BT is 21/01/14 17:00:00 but I would hope this is actioned sooner, due to being an exchange (as opposed to line) issue. The Faults team will monitor the ticket on your account for you and keep you updated with progress.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The fault has been assigned to an engineer. Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution.
janisf

Thank you Ben. I really hope it is fixed before 21st as I have so many people to contact or who are trying to contact me, but I do understand that you are dependent on BT.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately there's no further update on the fault and I don't think there will be anyone around on the forums over the weekend to check for you. Probably best to try the landline later this evening and if it's not on, give Support a call tomorrow maybe around midday to see if there are any updates on it.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The fault was cleared by BT yesterday afternoon, I hope everything's working at your end - please let us know if this is not the case.
janisf

No. It is still not working. I had a dial tone early on Saturday morning, but by the time I got back from work the line was dead again. I have reported it and it has been referred back to BT again. Estimated for Wed 22th Jan. I will be away at the funeral until the evening of Fri 24th, so won't find out if it has actually been resolved until then.  Sad
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry we weren't able to get this one fixed in a useful timeframe; hopefully everything will be sorted for when you get back - I'll let CSC monitor the ticket but please post back if you feel you aren't making any progress.