cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not receiving incoming calls

FIXED
sjackson2519

Landline not receiving incoming calls

I have recently transferred my phone service and broadband from talktalk to plusnet. Ever since the phone service switched I have been unable to receive incoming telephone calls. I have spoken to CS and they have carried out tests and found no fault but are sending an engineer.

I have been looking at other posts on the community and can see that with other customers it has been a porting issue and CS have taken up the problem with the openreach migration team. I am just wondering if it is the same problem with my line ? When I ring my line the voice says the number is not receiving calls at the moment. I am having no problem dialling out and my broadband works fine.

6 REPLIES 6
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Landline not receiving incoming calls

@sjackson2519 

Try dialling 17070 and listening to the number that is read back to you.

You wouldn't be the first person for whom a cockup has been made where you've either been allocated the wrong number or your line has been crossed with another.

sjackson2519

Thanks @RobPN I have dialled 17070 and it is reading my telephone number back to me. I also tried to get the system to ring me back using the line test facility and it doesn’t ring back. Seems strange how there was no problem with TalkTalk. Would be interested to know how this fault has occurred. All I can think is there must be a problem at the green cabinet where my line is connected.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@sjackson2519  its not the green cabinet, it will be an issue with porting your number from TT to BT exchanges.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@sjackson2519 wrote:

... I have dialled 17070 and it is reading my telephone number back to me. ...

@sjackson2519 

Well at least that's a good sign your number's not been changed/lost.

sjackson2519

@Mustrum Do you know if an openreach engineer will be able to solve porting issue from TT to BT exchanges ?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Fix

@sjackson2519  it is the only option PN have, if they can't fix it, they should at least get e better idea of the problem.