Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline move question

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Landline move question

My brother has unlimited net with plusnet, but currently no phone, he is almost out of a 5 year contract with some phone company and wants to know if he can move his landline here and have everything in one place, but he is unsure if there will be any charges from moving, Can a plusnet guy offer some advice please.
Smiley
11 REPLIES 11
James
Grafter

Re: Landline move question

Who is the phone with?
St3
Aspiring Champion

Advantage Telecom
http://advantagetelecom.co.uk
He said he has 12 months left out of a 5 year deal, but has been told laws have changed and theres no charges anymore for moving companys. Sooo can you still help Wink
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  link fixed ]
James
Grafter

I'm not convinced that he won't be charged for leaving the contract early.
Advantage Telecom isn't a company I'm familiar with, but I think it would probably be straight forward for the move and I think it would be a 'transfer' so the actual order doesn't cost us to place.
St3
Aspiring Champion

The reason i ask james is, some salesman has offered him a phone package which is near to plusnets and the salesman said they can switch it all over and there will be no charges for leaving a contract early, this sales guy has told him he can handle everything because laws have changed and theres no longer any charges for leaving long contracts, could you look into this for me as id like to try get his phone sorted asap.
James
Grafter

There probably aren't any costs in transferring a telephone service. Be worth while finding out what his cancellation fees would be.
If he move his broadband to us we can probably make it worth his while Smiley
St3
Aspiring Champion

james read my post before this one lol i think we both edit our posts at same time Smiley btw he has had broadband with plusnet for 2 years now Wink
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ukste20,
As you've already said that your brother has broadband with us we could arrange for his phone line to be moved to us and we do not charge anything extra to transfer over the phone line. We would be unable to comment on any contract charges that your brother may have with his current provider. It may be worth calling them and asking to be sure.
St3
Aspiring Champion

hi mate, yep we asking now to see then i can hopefully get his phoneline here soon, thanks for the advice you both gave Wink
James
Grafter

Sorry! Got broadband and phone mixed up!
St3
Aspiring Champion

dipstick  Crazy
Ok so he needs to wait a futher 12 months or he will get charged £200. I wish he had checked all this before hand... so we wont be moving his phone over just yet Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just been through the T&Cs on their site, Business customers are held to a 60 month contract and residential are 30 days. I'm assuming therefore your brother is on the business package with them?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.