cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline issues

KJPC

Landline issues

Hi

Recently we've been having an issue with a "line cord error" on our landline and we can't make or receive calls. We've tried calling our landline from our mobiles - the phone will ring, but when you answer the phone it makes a noise as if you were dialling from the landline, albeit in a harsher tone. The call never properly connects. As for outbound calls, it will dial the number but then nothing. Silence.

We tried plugging the phone directly into the socket and then the test socket - no change. We even changed the filter (our broadband works fine, for the record) but with no luck. We were due a new handset anyway so we've bought one, but the same problem persists, although it doesn't say "line cord error" on the handset anymore.

Could this be an external fault?

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Landline issues

Welcome to the forums, @KJPC It sounds like an external fault to me. I suggest you follow This guide and complete the phone troubleshooter linked in the section marked 'There's no dial tone'.

It may say at the end 'oops, there's been a problem' - if it does, check to see if it has automatically raised a fault for you in your account - 'manage account'>help assistant.

John
KJPC

Thanks so much for your quick response and your help @jab1 - the phone troubleshooter identified an external fault that should hopefully be fixed in a few days.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Glad to help, @KJPC . Keep us informed of progress - or lack of.😉

John
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @KJPC,

Thanks for your time on phone today. As discussed - fault should be fixed by end of today. If that won't happen - please answer on this thread or send me PM so I will be able to chase this with openreach. I have updated open fault ticket on your account here

KJPC

Hi @Tibzor 

The ticket was updated last night to say the question is now "off hold", but after checking again this morning unfortunately the problem hasn't been fixed.