cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline interference

Wibblyp
Rising Star

Landline interference

Done all the checks I can my end and all's fine. Tried ringing but can't get thru. Can you get openreach to do a line check on home account number please. Ends in 710.

5 REPLIES 5
Wibblyp
Rising Star

Re: Landline interference

Just done a master socket "quiet line " test and there is a lot of noise.

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Did you run the Phone Troubleshooter? It will do a line check. https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/ (You will be asked to log in.)

Don't worry if it says that it has failed as the test can be a bit iffy and may still raise a fault - check in your account for tickets..

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Complete the phone troubleshooter referenced in THIS link - it should automatically generate a report for PN to pass to BT.

Beat me to it, @BrightonRock 😀

John
Wibblyp
Rising Star

Yes did that but it came back with no fault. There clearly is one present though as the "quiet line" test on 17070 proves. Thanks all the same.

Sarah1955
Dabbler

Hi Wibblyp

I have the same problem, for the second time in a month. There is now severe crackling back, along with a siren like sound ringing in my ears. I did have any engineer to repair the line, who spent most of the day finding the fault. I was assured that the problem was fixed. I am now back to square one, am unable to contact customer services until the morning, have an incredibly weak broadband signal,  don't like raising complaints but this is essential as I live in a very secluded spot! It is definitely a line fault again.