Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline help

FIXED
BarkingFrank
Fixes: 1

Landline help

My landline has not worked for 3 weeks, I have tried all the fixes on the web site and even purchased a replacement handset, still nothing. The line checker just says oops something went wrong and I have lost the will to live holding on the line for technical and live chat is worse than useless. I spoke to someone at customer services last Saturday who took details but no one has called back.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to get a response I have considered Carrier Pigeon and smoke signals as there does not seem to be an email address? 

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Landline help

@BarkingFrank Welcome to the forums. If you got that 'oops' message, your testing may have actually reported a problem. To check, log into your account, click the 'Manage Account' tab, scroll to the bottom a click the 'Help Assistant' link. Check if it has raised a Question - if it has, see what, if anything, it says.

If it hasn't, come back here and say so.

John
BarkingFrank

Fix

Thank you I have a response saying Openreach are looking into it, thanks again for your help.

It is a shame I had to spend 3 weeks looking for help simple instructions on the web site would help all customers

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Not a great deal of help now, as you have got the matter under investigation, but if you get any other issues, the 'Help & Support' tab at the top of every page has a wealth of guidance, and if you still need help after that, a post explaining your problem, and what you have tried to solve it will usually get a response from one of the more knowledgable members on here.

John
BarkingFrank

Thanks for your help it was a problem with the cable in the street. All resolved now