cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline has no dial tone

misselectro

Landline has no dial tone

My landline has no dial tone and I am unable to speak to anyone directly so I am posting here. I am also having problems with my Unlimited Fibre broadband but I will post that in the other forum. 

Is there any way of someone:

A) Checking my phoneline

B) Being able to tell me if this fault could be related to my broadband issue?

I have checked all the wires, I currently have a cordless handset but do not have a wired phone to check directly, and am unable to go out and get one. If anyone can advise it would be much appreciated, as I am supposed to be working from home and my job is supporting vulnerable adults. Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Landline has no dial tone

Welcome to the Forum @misselectro 

The problems that you are seeing may well be linked. The usual advice is to try to get the phone sorted first. Try running through the advice on the Plusnet website https://www.plus.net/help/phone/

If the suggestions for local steps don't offer a solution you will end up running the online troubleshooting at https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/

If there is a problem with the line, that should report it to Openreach/Plusnet and create a ticket on your Plusnet account (at Plus.net, not here on the Forum)

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Landline has no dial tone

Thanks for getting in touch @misselectro and apologies for the delayed response.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your phone line 

I've tested your line and identified a fault at the local exchange

This has been raised for further investigation and we'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team