Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline down

FIXED
Litenites
Dabbler

Landline down

My phone has now been down for a day now.   When I use the phone troubleshooter link and get to the "check my line" stage, it knocks out broadband and I lose communication with the troubleshooter.    When broadband comes back, I get the message "Oops something seems to have gone wrong, please call us on ...."

So please could you raise a ticket on my behalf.

thanks

Andrew

13 REPLIES 13
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Landline down

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Hi @Litenites, I'm sorry for the issues with your phone service. It looks like the line test failed and the fault was raised to our suppliers yesterday.

I've moved your fault ticket to the relevant place to monitor this for you. Please just let us know if you have any further queries in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Litenites
Dabbler

Thanks lauren, much appreciated, I have an elderly mother who has had strokes and is still at risk of more, she is panicking about not being able to phone me, she is 86 and not mobile savvy.

Litenites
Dabbler

Thanks for your help, usually I can never get chat as it says my browser is wrong, sorted problem and phone working now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Andrew, I’m glad to see your phone is working now and sorry for the concern this caused your mother. Feel free to let us know over here if you need any further assistance or there’s anything else we can help with.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Litenites
Dabbler

Hi

Same problem is back again today, no dial tone and broadband cutting off, please can you escalate again, thanks

Litenites
Dabbler

Hi Lauren

I Said it was fixed yesterday, but same problem is back again today, please can you keep the ticket open or open one again for me, thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andrew.

It actually looks like the fault report is still open and in hand with Openreach. The estimated response/resolution time hasn't changed from 31/07/19 23:59:59. Let us know if you're still having issues after this and we'll be happy to chase things up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Litenites
Dabbler

Thanks again

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Andrew, let us know how it goes

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andrew, it looks like this should be fixed for (hopefully) good now.

Is everything working fine your side?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Having said that, I've retested your line again and we're detecting a possible line card fault at the exchange on Openreach equipment so I've got this reported back through to our suppliers and we'll update you when we know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Litenites wrote:

Thanks lauren, much appreciated, I have an elderly mother who has had strokes and is still at risk of more, she is panicking about not being able to phone me, she is 86 and not mobile savvy.

Have you looked at this - https://www.plus.net/help/legal/support-for-customers-with-disabilities/ - specifically priority phone line repairs?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.