Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Answerphone

rogersouthern
Dabbler

Landline Answerphone

Hi,
Before we moved to Plusnet (from Sky) we had it so when someone phoned us and we didn't pick up, it went to the phone voicemail (the the main phone cradle that we own) but now we have to ring 1571 instead, which is far less convenient. How do  set it up again so instead of going to Plusnet's voicemail, it goes to ours?
9 REPLIES 9
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Landline Answerphone

Hello there rogersouthern,
What you can do is follow this link: https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_remove_call_features
It may ask you for your Plusnet username and password - You'll be able to request to have the call feature voicemail removed.
This order will most likely complete either by the end of today, if not Tuesday due to Bank Holiday weekend.
You'll then be able to use your regular hand set voicemail instead.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Matt
pwatson
Rising Star

<Cough>
The BH holiday weekend is next weekend  Wink
</Cough>
I don't use my landline so I haven't explored the feature, but is it possible to control the number of rings before 1571 cuts in? 
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Weird,
All our supplier systems want to do things on 26th and not 25th :S
Perhaps it is next weekend then Cheesy
I've looked into this for you pwatson, and I can confirm that the regular free voicemail will allow you to change the greeting message, but not allow you to change the number of rings - This is only available in Voicemail Extra.
Regards,
Matt
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Is it not possible to adjust the settings of the Answerphone to cut in one fewer rings than PlusNet Voicemail?
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Maybe, but then a concurrent call would go to  PN voicemail instead of getting engaged tone, and would quite possibly be overlooked.
Better to either have 1571 OR one's own answering machine.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Why was 1571 there in the first place????
pwatson
Rising Star

The default setting for a new line is On
NedLudd
Grafter

Quote from: alanf
Is it not possible to adjust the settings of the Answerphone to cut in one fewer rings than PlusNet Voicemail?

Yes, on our Panasonic, it cuts in after 4 rings!
Geoff,
York.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: pwatson
The default setting for a new line is On

Well it damn well shouldn't be. That's as bad as having to tick a box not to be pestered by spam mail etc. I've just had a rant about it in another thread (again)  Roll_eyes
Quote from: Anotherone
I really object to 1571 being provided by default. Even when it is provided there is NO clear warning to subscribers that if the line is engaged, their callers will go straight to 1571 with no opportunity to either hear an engaged tone and hang up, or use "Call when free".
Of course, the cosy cartel of all major phone service providers now do this (and OFCOM won't do anything unless a lot more people complain) so that it earns them all a "Setup/Connection fee + 1st minute" for the privilege of us getting an engaged number. It is not always appropriate or convenient or desirable to leave a message. It's a Rip-off,  21p (at current prices) to get an engaged number if it's a chargeable call.  Angry