cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LRS

PitchBlack
Grafter

LRS

My mum is with PN for BB on the 10GB package and BT LRS for the phone, I want to switch my Mum over to PN for the phone too so I can get her on the unlimited package so she can start using her smart TV without worrying about going over the limit, and hopefully getting a better deal with having both BB and phone with PN. The problem is the LRS with BT runs out in August.
I am asking a question here that I probably already know the answer to, but here goes........... does anyone know if my Mum can swap over to PN LRS and get a refund for the 6-7 months left on the BT LRS.
8 REPLIES 8
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: LRS

Answer a) the answer you expected!
She can change to Plusnet LRS but she won't get a refund from BT
PitchBlack
Grafter

Thanks pwatson, I guess I will just have to try and see if I can get a deal promising LRS to PN in August. I probably already know the answer to that one too though  Tongue
KK
Grafter

I just looked on the website, and I can't see any requirement that you have to have PN homephone in order to get PN unlimited broadband.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You don't but it costs £2.50 per month more
PitchBlack
Grafter

Sorry KK, I guess I could have worded my OP a bit better.
KK
Grafter

The price of the broadband will drop by £2.50, if/when the OP switches the landline in August, when the BT deal runs out.
PitchBlack
Grafter

KK, the main reason I wanted my Mum to switch LRS to PN when switched over to unlimited is to try and get the same deal as the new customers get of £2.50 p/m BB for 12 months on an 18 month contract. Without LRS though I don't think I have a cat in hells chance unfortunately.
Apprentice
Grafter

Without LRS though I don't think I have a cat in hells chance unfortunately.

the new customers

You may well find you've answered your own question again  Smiley
However there's nothing to loose by phoning and asking to speak to (can't do it online) the Customer Options Team (not the usual CS staff) for a good deal for moving phone and upgrading the BB package to unlimited. As it's your mother's account they may want to talk to her as well regarding any changes.