cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping track of my international minutes

FIXED
hadeda

Keeping track of my international minutes

Can anyone help me please? I have an International 300 phone package allowing 300 free minutes of calls to 35 countries. i am sure that somewhere on my Plusnet pages there must be a place to see how many minutes I have used each month - but I just can't find it. Please can someone direct me? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Keeping track of my international minutes

Hi Hadeda@

I'm afraid we don't currently have facility for this.

At the moment we would advise keeping count of the minutes used from the day your bill is generated and the minutes are reset.

Please ensure you are also hanging up before 30 minutes to insure you are not incurring any extra charges.

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

- Ollie

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@OllieC wrote:

Hi @hadeda

At the moment we would advise keeping count of the minutes used from the day your bill is generated and the minutes are reset.

Please ensure you are also hanging up before 30 minutes to insure you are not incurring any extra charges.

If you go to the billing section in the Member Centre and select 'View unbilled calls', you'll see an itemised list of calls made in the current billing period (albeit 24 hours or so behind real time).

Clicking on the top of the 'Call type' column will group the International calls together, so you can manually add up the call durations.

On this page - https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/#anytime

Under 'Residential phone tariff information', expand 'How we charge for calls', and it says

Inclusive call length

• Inclusive calls to UK numbers become chargeable after 60 minutes
  • Inclusive calls to international numbers become chargeable after 60 minutes
  • Calls to Plusnet Support are free for the duration of the call, regardless of length

Inclusive calls that become chargeable are charged at the relevant rate until the end of the call. The call set up fee is not applied.

If I remember correctly the International 30 min limit became 60 min at least a couple of years ago.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
hadeda

Thanks very much for this, Aspiring Champion. I am now totally confused as you seem to be contradicting what OllieC says, and he/she is a member of staff. OllieC please can you respond and clarify?

Thanks!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Hi @hadeda, I'm sorry for any confusion caused.

As @198kHz has advised, you can check your unbilled usage and see calls made in that billing period. It's worth noting though that the usage can be up to 24 hours behind.

Also, it is indeed a 60 minute re-redial, this did change from 30 minutes. Again I'm really sorry for any confusion but hope this clears things up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
hadeda

Thanks Lauren, that's great!