cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping phone number

cfcmurdoch

Keeping phone number

We're looking to switch to Plusnet but when going through an order it says we won't be able to keep our number. I suspect this is because it's a new number (9 months old) and provided by Virgin through their VoIP service.

Can anyone advise of there's a way of retaining the number?
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 385

Re: Keeping phone number

Hi there. Thanks for your interest in Plusnet and welcome to our community forums.

Who’s the rangeholder/operator of your number when you type it in here: https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm

Also if you can send me a PM with your number and address I’ll be happy to check this when I’m back in the office on Monday and find out if we can import it to the BT network we use.

Cheers
Anoush
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
All Star
Fixes: 10

@cfcmurdoch wrote:
I suspect this is because it's a new number (9 months old) and provided by Virgin through their VoIP service.

Am I right assuming that you're wanting the Plusnet service to be a 'normal' landline - not VOIP?

If so, the 'newness' shouldn't be a problem, but being a VOIP may be.

What are the first five digits of your current number?

Remember you are unique - just like everyone else
cfcmurdoch

Operator is Virgin Media. We only got VoIP as Virgin newly cabled the area and didn't put in phones (new thing). We're not fussed whether it's a proper landline or VoIP.

Will PM you our details Anoush.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 385

Cheers for your details @cfcmurdoch

Initial checks indicate your number can be imported.

We should know definitively when the order is placed and accepted by Openreach.

If you would like to go ahead, I'd recommend creating an account at www.plus.net making sure you input your telephone number in the first stage - the Broadband Availability Checker, as our automated system uses this information when putting the order through to our suppliers.

Feel free to send me another PM with your username once you've signed up and I'll keep an eye on things to make sure they're on track.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team