cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Virgin Media Phone Number

avecmon

Keeping Virgin Media Phone Number

Hello. I am looking to move from Virgin Media to PlusNet. I have seen a few forum members post here that they have been able to move over their number from Virgin.

Having just spoken to the sales advisor on live chat, I have been told this not an option. I understand I will need my old BT line re-connecting to the exchange, but not sure why my number can also not be ported over? I have previously managed to do this with BT and both BT and TalkTalk are offering to port my number over.

Any clarification on this? 

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Keeping Virgin Media Phone Number

Thanks for your interest in Plusnet.

To investigate further could you send me a PM with your landline phone number and full address?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your private message @avecmon Just to post back for visibility.

I've done a number import check and it's showing we should be able to import your number.

We should know for sure once we've placed the order and it's accepted. I've also got in touch with Openreach and they've confirmed this. If you do decide to go ahead feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to keep an eye on the progress.

Hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf

Is there generally no issue in seeking to migrate a Virgin Mobile land line number? Is feedback to the sales teams required here?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Townman Sorry for the delayed response.

Is there generally no issue in seeking to migrate a Virgin Mobile land line number?

Generally there are no issues unless the phone number isn't on the BT exchange they're moving to.

Is feedback to the sales teams required here?

To the sales adviser, yes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet