cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep my phone number

John82

Keep my phone number

Hi.

I am process of moving to Plusnet. Would like to keep my landline phone number. Can you please confirm that will happen.

Thanks,

John

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Keep my phone number

Hi John,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Yes you should be able to retain your existing number, number portability is an Ofcom requirement on all losing service providers. However in some circumstances the number porting process can be complicated and has been seen to go wrong, invariably due to unhelpful behaviours by the losing supplier(s). Typically such situations relate to numbers previously ported between suppliers.

Who is your current supplier?

Who does your phone number belong to? Look up phone number network owner in Google.

If your current supplier and phone number owner are both LLU providers (Sky or Talk Talk) but not the same provider, your migration order to PlusNET might need a watchful eye.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

John82

Hi there,

My current supplier is Vodafone and from Googling, it appears BT owns the number.

Thanks for helping with this.

Kind Regards,

John

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @John82

All the information that @Townman has provided is correct - the only other point I'd add is that if you're migrating to us as part of a house move and that house move takes you away from your current BT Exchange, it isn't always possible to retain your number.

If the switch is from a BT owned line to a BT owned line on the same exchange, I wouldn't envisage any issues.

Anything you need - just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

John82

I've now changed over to Plusnet but my old landline number still hasn't transferred over. Is it possible to still get my old number back?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @John82 I've checked your account with a view to renumber your line to the number you had, but it doesn't look like we were advised what your original number was during the signup journey/process.

Could you send me a private message with your landline number please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet