cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting a call saying illegal activity on my broadband.

karlgixer
Grafter

Keep getting a call saying illegal activity on my broadband.

I have had 2 phone calls in the last hour saying my broadband is going to be disconnected due to  illegal activity.

The number that phoned me was 07978685535 and the automated message said my internet provider has been trying to contact me and then gave me 2 options to press to sort the problem out with the technical team.

Cheers Karl.

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Keep getting a call saying illegal activity on my broadband.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @karlgixer,

Thank you for getting in touch. I can confirm that this will have been an attempted scam - apologies for any concern that this caused you.

If the calls came through on your landline, I'd recommend that you add Plusnet Call Protect to your line. This is a free call feature that automatically filters out calls from known nuisance callers and also allows you to block specific numbers or types of number (e.g. withheld or international numbers.) There's some further information about this feature here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Plusnet Call Protect is not much use as these scammers spoof numbers and constantly change them so there is no way to block them. (Using Call protect)