cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined Plusnet, now wish i hadn't!

jules0173

Just joined Plusnet, now wish i hadn't!

Ok, switching from Virgin media to Plusnet for home phone and broadband, keeping the same number.
Had an email with stating the same number but with one of the numbers different. rang Plusnet and they assured me that the number I wanted to keep was being kept.
Told that we didn't have an exisitng working BT landline, even though I said that we did. Charged £50 for installation.
Installation date was 21/1/2013, however, had a phone call that engineer could not get because of snow (fair enough).
Rang to get another date booked, and was told that it would be middle of Feb, 2 weeks after being cut-off from Virgin. That's no good to me.
Rang Plusnet and they said that someone will ring me back with another date, no one did. I rang them this morning, and after getting cut-off 3 times, was told that someone would ring me back.
So, I got curious at this point and plugged my home phone into my old BT line.....low and behold the line was working and I could ring out. I asked my aunty to ring me back, but nothing. So, I  asked her to ring the number with the one changed digit, this worked.
So, again I got back on the phone and explained all this to them, I am now again waiting for someone to call me back...........
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Just joined Plusnet, now wish i hadn't!

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about the issue, can see you've spoken to one of my colleague's who advised that this should be fixed within 24 hours.
Let me know if you have any further issues after that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Just joined Plusnet, now wish i hadn't!

Have you checked what dialling 17070 says your number is?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)