cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just found out that my Homephone is on International Calls?

NorthRiding
Grafter

Just found out that my Homephone is on International Calls?

Hi, Went online to Member pages to upgrade my BB and just found out that my call plan is for International calls.
Never realised this and don't recall ever ordering it.
I thought I was on Anytime and have just noticed that the charge is £6 instead of £4. I think my figures are current and correct and am a bit annoyed as I can't find out in my account, when and how I made this change with the subsequent extra charge. It is particularly galling in that we have 2 relatives in New Zealand and I now find out that I could have been phoning them "fairly Cheaply"?
I have put in an order/ticket to change this but would like some explanation. Apologies if it is somewhere in "my account" but I just searched all over and couldn't find it.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Just found out that my Homephone is on International Calls?

In lieu of a rep advising
If you go to https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary it should give a date when it started and it should be in closed questions around that date
However in Dec 2010 the product called Anytime which included international calls changed to Talk International 300 http://www.plus.net/support/phone/phone-product-archive.shtml and I think that when the product changed there was the option to go onto a cheaper product
Found it http://community.plus.net/vat_faq/#6
Are you making any other changes?
Yes we are. We’ll be retiring our existing Talk Anytime product and launching a new Anytime product at a lower price point. The calling plan for this new product will cost £3.50 as opposed to £5 and will be available from 4th January 2011. You can take advantage of a three month free offer by registering your interest here.
New broadband customers will receive an estimated speed ‘range’ when they sign up instead of the static speed estimate we currently provide^. This is in keeping with version 2.0 of the Ofcom voluntary code of practice on broadband speeds.
We will also be updating our Direct Debit guarantee as per the details on bacs’ website here.
Update: The new Anytime product will  now be available from the 17th December, and *not* the 4th January as detailed above. It will be advertised on our main website and existing customers can upgrade to it using the normal product change tool on our website here. If you have previously registered your interest in this product using the pre-registration link, then we will change you to the new account type on your first billing date on or after 4th January. If your next billing date is before the 4th January and you would like to move to the new product sooner then please request the account change again using the product change tool on our website here. You will still be entitled to the three months free offer.
So unless you requested a move to the cheaper product you remained on the old one which included the international minutes
NorthRiding
Grafter

Thanks OldJim, just read your reply in full on the forum (sorry, I responded to the email notification which showed the link but not everything you said).
Very many thanks, that is probably what happened so am happy with that, just a bit annoyed that I have had cheaper rates to overseas than I thought I had...............Cheers.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Nothing to do with LRS - it has all to do with you not asking to move to the cheaper product when it was introduced
On the 2nd of Dec 2010 I received this email
Hello.
Important information about your Plusnet service.
We're writing to remind you that the government is increasing VAT to 20% from 4th January 2011. Back in March we promised that we'd freeze your broadband price for 12 months. We'll keep to our word, so what you pay for your Plusnet Value service will stay the same. Champion.
Your Talk Anytime service will stay at £5 a month too, so it's still great value for calling landlines and 0845 / 0870 numbers, as well as giving you 300 minutes of inclusive international calls to our top 20 destinations each month.*
From January our charge for line rental will change to £11.99 a month. We'll no longer offer a 25% discount on our call rates to and mobiles and off-peak hours are changing to 7pm - 7am.
Call prices are changing too' so please take a look at our updated call tariff for this important information.
If you pay your bill by credit or debit card, we're introducing a £1.50 processing fee from 1st February. This is to cover the extra cost of processing card payments. But there's no fee if you pay by Direct Debit. And your payments will be safe and secure, backed up by the Direct Debit guarantee. To check your payment method, just visit the Member Centre. It's really easy to set up a Direct Debit if you need one.
One last thing, we’re pleased to announce that all customer enquiries are now handled in Sheffield. So if you do need to call, it's friendly folk in Yorkshire who are there to help 24/7.
If you'd like any more info on the changes we're making,  have a read of the FAQ we've put together for you.
All the best,

Nick Rawlings
Commercial & Marketing Director, Plusnet
and the link about the changes took you to where I picked up the original quote - clear as mud wasn't it
NorthRiding
Grafter

Thanks for all that info OldJim. Appreciated.
Just checked through my emails from Plusnet and BB was installed 23 April 2010 and Homephone went over to Plusnet (From BT!) on 6 May 2010. I changed my call plan to Talk Anytime on 19 June 2010 and there is no email such as the one you have quoted. That is probably why I never knew about the changeover however, thanks very much OldJim for your very helpful responses. I feel much better about it all now!