cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June Price Increase

Richchad
Rising Star

June Price Increase

I have just received email notification of the June Price increases.

I entered a 24 monthly contract in July last year and I am surprised that you can increase the prices I agreed to mid contract.

I also have LRS which I think runs until 18/9/17, if I renew will it be at the old or new price (I read something about you can renew up to 3 months before expiry date, which I think would be 18th June 17)

Is Caller Display monthly charge increasing?

Is it possible for someone to check my account for all the above and confirm how much more I am expected to pay or what are my options for leaving.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: June Price Increase

Lot of other posts on the increase, so posts will probably get consolidated. I got the 5 page increase e mail

Th last (27th). It is strangely lacking in specifics, for that you need to click here;

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/2017-pricing-changes-new

Richchad
Rising Star

Yes, it would make sense to consolidate posts on price increase.

Since posting and reading a bit more, couldn't see any mention if call costs are increasing if I drop Anytime?

I wasn't aware that the Anytime plan had changed to Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls from September 2016 at £8 per month, is this increasing as well as might want to change to it?

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Hi Richard, Your LRS is due for renewal on 15/08/17, if you renew anytime after 15/05/17 but before the price increase on 29/06/17 then you will still pay £185.88 for the 12 months from 15/08/17. This will give you a saving of £42 over the year, the normal £30 you get plus the £12 from not having to pay the new price, I hope this helps sort it for you.

Richchad
Rising Star

Thanks for your reply Tony, LRS renewal is as I thought then, thanks.

Can you help with my two other questions......

Is Caller Display monthly charge increasing?

Has the Anytime plan changed to Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls from September 2016 at £8 per month, is this increasing as well as might want to change to it?

Also is the cost of Landline to Landline calls increasing as might also consider dropping Anytime altogether, I can see the call setup charge is increasing as are calls to mobiles but no mention of calls to other landline numbers?

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Richard, Caller display is remaining at just £0.99 p/m and the Anytime with Mobile is still £8 p/m. You can see all the changes to the pricing on our homepage at www.plus.net but the 2 prices above remain unchanged.

toekneem
Dabbler

Does anyone know if Plusnet have finished sending out the emails concerning Price increases. Still not recieved anything concerning my account, not even in my Spam box.

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi toekneem , It will stop once all customers who are affected by this have been contacted as not all customers will be affected.                       

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@toekneem

This email has to be sent at least 30 days before the price rise takes place and you have to be affected by it (i.e. this year a phone customer as the only price rises are on that service)

Plusnet stagger the emails over a month to avoid triggering spam traps at all the external email providers. A few hundred thousand emails in a day would be classed as spam. Also allows their support staff to handle the phone calls from irate customers. Wink

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT