cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joined Plusnet Home Phone - Not a good start!

Highlighted
Rising Star

Joined Plusnet Home Phone - Not a good start!

I called PN on 17th September and spoke to a lady who kindly took my order to go with Plusnet Line rental, I explained to her that I have pre-paid line rental with another company until 19th October 2020 so did not want the switch to Plusnet to take placed until then, she said that this would not be a problem, I also asked to have my CLI withheld automatically when making calls, and that I wanted 1571 and Caller Display to match my current service, she said this would not be a problem and there would be no extra charge for these services.

Well it looks like my line was switched over in the early hours of the morning on 2nd October (not the 19th), when I make outgoing calls my number is now being sent, when I receive a call my phone no longer shows me the number of the caller and when I dial 1571, it tells me I do not have an answering service on this line.

So everything I have specifically asked for I have not received, I am now paying two line rentals until the 19th October (one to plusnet and one to my old provider who will obviously not refund me as I am still in contract with them until 19th October), I understand I can turn on some of these missing services from the Phone Control panel but I have tried accessing that since yesterday morning but just get the message "Your Home Phone order is currently being processed. We will keep you updated by email and tell you once your service is ready to use." this is not a great start,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 159

Re: Joined Plusnet Home Phone - Not a good start!

@cwaite 

It might be that Openreach have ignored the date given to them by Plusnet and switched you over but the Plusnet systems are not yet set up as they are not expecting the switch yet. If Plusnet are saying that your service has not started yet it’s unlikely that they will have started charging you.

You are probably fortunate to still have a working phone.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Re: Joined Plusnet Home Phone - Not a good start!

@Baldrick1 I have just found an email sent to me on 18th September from Plusnet to say that the service would start from 2nd October, didn't see that email before now, so PN were aware but I still cannot get into the control panel.