Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its quicker to get faults fixed if you have line rental with BT

Lorian
Grafter

Its quicker to get faults fixed if you have line rental with BT

It really is.
My neighbour logged a ticket 86041348 24 hours ago, and it appears to have been ignored. It should have gone to openreach faults by now. So no chance of this being fixed until at Least Wednesday now, and they are an elderly couple.
And you know what, same thing happened to me a few months ago when I had a line fault. I had to post here before it got logged with OR. Seems like PlusNet always add a 24 hour + delay to the proceedings. Why?
And can anyone who cares about customer service Please, PLEASE send his fault to Openreach so they can fix it.
13 REPLIES 13
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Its quicker to get faults fixed if you have line rental with BT

Lorain,
There will be no DCT presence on the forums until Tuesday.  The best course of action is to phone the support desk.
There is no evidence to support the claim in your title.  BTOR's SLA is a fix within 72 hours (working days).  I and many others have had PN phone faults fixed the next day after reporting the fault.  Voice call is always better than a ticket for such issues.
As for BT Retail fix times, my experience before switching to PN was appalling - after service restoration following a cable theft, I got the phone line for the pub in the next village.  BT Retail's support desk in India insisted that this was a new fault (rather than the same fault badly repaired) and insisted on a new target fix time.  Due to their inability to understand and act, I was without my phone service for 10 days.
The worse I've had similar with PN was 44 hours when the line failed again 2 hours after a BTOR repair.  Service was restored at 09:30 on a Sunday morning - I just do not see an Indian call centre delivering that level of customer interest.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lorian
Grafter

There is evidence - and you will see that last THREE times I have had t resort t posting here have all been for instances where tickets for phone line faults have not been even looked at within 24 hours of them being logged.
Lorian
Grafter

And to be clear - this will result in the call not been even passed to OR, where if the line had been with BT Retail then that would have been around the time the SLA would be expiring for a Fix.

Lorian
Grafter

And as for Making a voice call  a) he has no phone and b) he tried to use mine to call CS, someone answered the phone, took no details, put him on hold until he gave up and logged it on line.
IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Townman
 The best course of action is to phone the support desk.

Difficult with a faulty line, unless everyone is expected to keep a mobile for these occasions (which is prohibitively expensive for waiting on-hold).
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

I understand the difficulty when the phone lIne is down, but speaking with an agent is better than raising a ticket which someone needs to pick up and process. I note the OP's challenging experience relates to tickets, whereas my positive experience arises out of speaking with someone.
PN have had 100% fix within 72 hours, BT have had 100% failure after 10 days.
Whatever, the issue is not going to get picked up here before Tuesday. The right advice is phone the support desk. Early morning is a good time to get through.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Bearing in mind a lot of phone faults result in having no line and phone boxes these days are non existent there should be a dedicated 24 hour 0800 fault number. BT have a dedicated number and I understood when the market was opened up it was a requirement for all providers to supply the same.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

only one problem with that - most mobile operators charge for 0800 numbers and they aren't included in the included numbers
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That's about to change as I understand it. GiffGaff and Three already have free 0800 calls and more will have to follow and about time.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

about - is June next year (that is the deadline)
itsme
Grafter

Don't believe 0800 is free on Three if you are PAYG without an add on.
IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I just think that in 2014 it should be as natural and fast to pick up online tickets as to pick up the phone.  Or, if that's too high a leap, online chat.  Similar to the immediacy of telephone.  No company that is an ISP these days should still be thinking of a landline telephone as their main authoritative contact method.  Seems somehow absurd! Cheesy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Lorian,
I've taken a look at the ticket in question and I can see that it was raised on 22/05/14 @ 18:38 and we responded and raised the fault to our suppliers on 23/05/14 @ 20:29 - I appreciate there is a slight delay in getting that raised to our suppliers, however the lead time for resolution would be the same due to the Bank Holiday weekend.
The issue is hand and we're expecting the issue to be resolved by the end of the day tomorrow. I'm sorry for the delay.