cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with line quality and lack of response to support ticket

easynow

Issues with line quality and lack of response to support ticket

Hello,
I've not had a response to my support ticket. I'm having problems with the line quality in that when I pick up the phone I can hear the dialtone as a sort of wailing/blaring noise and I have issues of a crackly line sometimes on calls. I've tried to contact customer service but it's a ridiculous wait on the phone (held on for 20 mins but eventually gave up) and so I thought I'd just wait for someone to respond to my support ticket - that was last Thursday and no response. I don't know if it's much to ask but I was expecting to get the ball-rolling like on the day to try and fix the matter. Honestly, I'm severely disappointed in the lack of customer service. What's going on? If I'd known months before that this is what I'd expect, I would've avoided joining Plusnet.
Has anyone any tips to try and resolve this?
PS: sorry to sound like a moaner - I used to be with o2 previously and I had an excellent service with them for more than 5 years so I may be a bit spoilt.
11 REPLIES 11
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Issues with line quality and lack of response to support ticket

why did you move then  Crazy
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Because they were taken over by Sky (probably)
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi easynow,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your phone line. I just tried to run a line test, however, it seems the line is currently being used. Can you confirm when you're off the phone so that I can run the test again please?
easynow

They were taken over by Sky and I didn't wish to stay them.  
Responded to your message and yup, line's free now, Linn.
Edit: how long do the tests normally take? I might have to leave it till this evening if the tests haven't been completed already as line'll now be occupied till then.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me. I've raised the fault to Openreach for further investigation. They haven't confirmed an estimated resolution time at the moment, however, as soon as we receive this we'll inform you accordingly.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused. You can see any further information on Ticket: 88031161.
easynow

Am I right in thinking that a fault has been identified and it's just a case of waiting till someone gets back to me? From the response in your ticket, it seems that the tests weren't fully completed because of a busy line but if you wish to attempt that again, that'd be fine now as the line's no longer occupied.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi easynow,
It looks like Linn has run the initial faults testing which returned no specific faults information, in this instance we normally resubmit this for further, more stringent testing. This means we pass all the details to our supplier and we will then await an update from them as to what they find. This will be updated on your faults ticket as soon as we have some information back.
easynow

Thanks for the clarification and update.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: easynow
when I pick up the phone I can hear the dialtone as a sort of wailing/blaring noise

Could this be call minder's "you've got a message" dial tone?  Dial 1571 to check.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

easynow

Thanks Townman! It is very well that. I had a message (I didn't even know I had the voicemail feature) and after listening to it, the dialtone's back to normal.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The fault is still with Openreach and they've informed us that they expect the fault to be resolved by 17:00 today. Sounds like the noise has been resolved by the voicemail being picked up, however, as you stated that the line is crackly on calls sometimes we'll let the fault progress and see if Openreach find any issues. Further updates will be provided on the Ticket.