cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with landline / broadband / engineer send out

MrGrumpet

Issue with landline / broadband / engineer send out

I did ring resident support about this yesterday evening but wanted to get a wider response.
I had my Plusnet broadband account moved from my old place to my new place approximately one week ago, in the process also adding a landline to the package. Thelandline was supposed to have been activated a week ago but I never checked because, to be honest, I only got it for the net. But yesterday, after receiving a call that the broadband had been activated, after trying to figure out why the broadband wasn't working, I bought a cheap phone and discovered that the master socket doesn't even get a dial tone.
On ringing CS they carried out a line test and reported back that there was no fault with the line - and certainly, when I call the number I was provided from my mobile it rings as per normal. The phone, however, does not ring. Now Plusnet say an engineer needs to be sent to my house to test the line. The central problem I have here is this requires me to take a day off work, something which can be quite difficult. I definitely can't do it before next week, but at the same time kind of need it for some important work over the weekend.
Are there any other options available to me here? Could, for example, an engineer first be sent to the exchange to ensure it's not a problem there? (I know this is a lot to ask, haha.)
Thank you for reading.
P.S. Just to clarify, the question raised is #46540827.
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Issue with landline / broadband / engineer send out

It's always worth asking, we did used to have the odd morning or evening slot available but I'm not sure if those are available any more. Unfortunately we can't request an engineer visits the exchange as they have to visit your premises to test any fixes from there anyway.
Best bet is to give our support team a call and see what they can arrange for you, though it's very unlikely to deviate from 8-1 or 1-6 Monday to Friday I'm afraid.
MrGrumpet

Re: Issue with landline / broadband / engineer send out

Thanks for replying Matt. I'll make arrangements as soon as possible.