cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any update on fault reference 146668032 please ?

FIXED
robinc202

Is there any update on fault reference 146668032 please ?

Good evening Smiley

My mum who is 83 and a complete technophobe has raised a fault with you - 146668032 - for her phone line which has had no dial tone since Friday 24th March. She was advised yesterday that the fault should have been cleared by 5pm today but it is still the same. Incoming calls are met with engaged tone, and yes I have checked all of the connections and the one phone that she has is connected to the master socket. She has no internet connection so there are no ADSL filters to worry about.

As my Mum lives alone I'm sure you'll understand that she's lost without it. I expect that the fault is likely with Openreach so not entirely within your control, but I would appreciate if you would light a bonfire under someone please and provide me with an update ? If you need any more information that cannot be given in a public forum please let me know at my email address. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Robin

9 REPLIES 9
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Is there any update on fault reference 146668032 please ?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi Robin, I am sorry to hear your mum has no dial tone on her phone. I've checked the fault report and we've been asked to book an appointment by our suppliers as they believe the fault may lie with their equipment.

The line test has identified a loop condition, which is essentially a short circuit. Have they tried a different phone handset, and if possible plugging the phone into the test socket, explained here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Failing this, we'd need to book an appointment. I'd be happy to give her a call to arrange this - if she has a mobile phone, can you drop me a private message with the number and the best time to call please?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
robinc202

Thanks Anoush, I will PM you with her contact details.

Kind Regards,

Robin

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

Thanks Robin. I've just come off the phone with her. The engineer's all booked in for this Monday between 8am and 1pm. Please feel free to let us know how it goes.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
robinc202

Hi Anoush, thanks - will do Smiley

Kind Regards,

Robin

robinc202

Hello Anoush,

I'm very happy to say that the above fault has been cleared this morning and all is now well. Apparently there was a wiring problem on the pole outside.

Thanks for your help from both Mum and myself Thumbs_Up

Kind Regards,

Robin

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Awesomeness, thanks for getting back in touch. Happy to hear it's sorted. Smiley
If there's ever anything else I can help with just let me know.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

She has no internet connection so there are no ADSL filters to worry about.

@Anoush

Here - https://community.plus.net/t5/Phone/Home-Phone-Only/m-p/1428489#M23343 - you said that PN does not do "phone only services".  Is this user on some kind of legacy service where in the past broadband has been migrated away leaving a phone only service with PN?

Is this an illustration of something which is technically possible but not commercially offered?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Honestly, anything (within reason) is technically possible.

In this case, the customer's essentially on a legacy product.