cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to port my phone number from Virgin to Plusnet ?

FIXED
SparkyHarry

Is it possible to port my phone number from Virgin to Plusnet ?

I'm currently a virgin media customer and would like to move to Plusnet.

The Plusnet chat agent tells me that I can't port my current phone number across.

I'm pretty sure that Offcom requires all companies to allow this. I think virgin media need to release the number on the day that Plusnet grabs it.

The virgin number (I believe) was created when we joined them. Previously we had a BT number and connection over copper.

Who do I believe ?

Any help much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Is it possible to port my phone number from Virgin to Plusnet ?

Thanks for getting in touch @SparkyHarry 

So I can investigate further could you send me a private message with your telephone number and your full address?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SparkyHarry

Thanks Gandalf,

I've PM'd you,

Jono

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks Jono, I'll message you back soon

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SparkyHarry

Just to help others who may be reading this - it seems possible for some plusnet staff to check out if your number can be ported (from a cable only connection e.g.virgin).

Looks like there's no straight answer immediately and must be done on case by case basis hence the private messages.

in my case it looks like the number can be ported. Thanks to Gandalf for looking into it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @SparkyHarry 

Just to provide a bit more clarification, all our provisioning advisers are able to take the same steps I did to see if an number can be imported, although it’s not guaranteed until the order is placed and the number port validated between our suppliers and the previous provider of the number. 

Having said that initial checks that both myself and our suppliers performed showed a green light so to speak. 👍

Feel free to let me know if you do decide to go ahead and I’ll be happy to keep an eye on the order although if the initial checks are anything to go by, the number should transfer smoothly. 🙂

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet