cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Home Phone Ready Yet?

paulby
Grafter

Re: Is Home Phone Ready Yet?

The problem with the BT cessation charge and their new contracts means that if you move from a full LLU platfrom (phone & broadband) to a provider on the BT Wholesale/Openreach network, unless your new phone provider can set up a new line, you're effectively forced to use BT retail as your telephone provider (calls & line rental) for a year before you can move on.  

In my case I didn't want to go back to BT for telephony but wanted to use the Home Phone service provided by PlusNet.  Now I've got to wait a year or pay £70.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

I must say this community forum is rather more encouraging than it's equivilent in the PN Discussion Forum. The problem with that thread is that most of the content is well out of date and is probably the principle reason for me holding off switching (huge quantity of negative input and v little to make me make the switch)
I'll keep an eye on this thread for little while longer then probably switch to PN Home phone. It does after all sound like a good deal but hey, I'm naturally cautious, especially when it comes to money. Grin
lingbob
Grafter

I've been on PN Home Phone for about 3 months and I've had no problems whatsoever. It does exactly what it says on the tin and I won't be going back to BeeTee anytime soon  Grin
Not applicable

I changed to Homephone Anytime in December of last year and have had no problems whatsoever. I suppose that it is down to what suits individual needs but for me this is ideal.
itsme
Grafter

I have to smile when people say that they will not go back to Bee Tee. The phone service is still being provided by BT the only thing that have changed is the letterhead on the bills.
lingbob
Grafter

..... and (in my case) there's less strain on my wallet  Grin
bill
Grafter

Quote from: lingbob
... and (in my case) there's less strain on my wallet  Grin

Mine too.
Liam
Grafter

Mine too 🙂
N1ck
Grafter

I went Home Phone from August 2006 and saw no difference, other than cost, with the BT service.
Had a cabling problem earlier this year when I lost all communications; fixed by Openreach (the same engineer who had fixed our BT problems). The difference with BT was that BT offered a free redirect to my mobile when a fault occured (Plusnet did not) and it was a lot easier to contact BT (at the time the only way to get hold of Plusnet was through the ticket system though when I explained that it was a little difficult to access when I had lost my Broadband as well as my phone line I was then given a phone number to call - I understand that this isn't a problem now).
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
That's a very good point you make, and I have raised it to our product team to see if it's something we can feasibly offer.
Regarding getting in touch, this is now much easier, and we recently introduced a geographic number as well so most customers can call us for free. Smiley