Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irregular Call Data Updates again

reserved
Grafter

Re: Irregular Call Data Updates again

Quote from: bobboulby
I'm up to date to yesterday morning now.
Bob

I'm not - obviously Greenbee don't pay their bill as fast as Plusnet!
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,
We had a problem with one of the servers which controls call processing on Friday. This meant we had to failover to a secondary server, and caused a build-up of calls to be processed. We have about 80k calls to process now, but most people should have up to date data. We expect to be fully caught up by about 3pm.
Be3G
Grafter

I've not seen this described elsewhere in the thread, but I assume it's related: all calls from the 10th onwards (not that there are many) are duplicated - one confirmed, one unconfirmed. Huh
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and my unconfirmed on the 9th is still unconfirmed
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: Be3G
I've not seen this described elsewhere in the thread, but I assume it's related: all calls from the 10th onwards (not that there are many) are duplicated - one confirmed, one unconfirmed. Huh

See my reply to another thread on the same subject here
It's to do with the order in which the scripts are processed.  If your account was like mine the calls that were showing were already confirmed. 
The unconfirmed call data has been applied after the confirmed data and thus has not been removed since the commands to remove the unconfirmed calls are likely part of the script which applies the confirmed data.
Only confirmed calls will land up on your itemised bill's call logs.

Teds31
Grafter

No updates again last one 2/5/09,has this something to do with the holiday and weekend ,I only raised a ticket about the same thing last week.They updated straight away with no trouble but do I have to complain each time,immediate updates aren't nessesary all the time but in this instance I would just like to know if a certain call was free or not. TED
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi,
It shouldn't have anything to do with the holiday weekend, it's an automated system so it should continue running. I'll pick this up in the morning and see what I can find out.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Teds31
Grafter

Thanks Chris,it is a helpful site when you need it.  TED
Teds31
Grafter

OK Chris details now updated ,can't help wondering why though,getting to be cynical in my old age. Grin Grin  TED
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I have unconfirmed call data for the 2nd & 3rd which I presume will become confirmed tomorrow.
Chris, this does seem to happen more frequently (but not always) at w/e's especially a holiday w/e. Obviously I don't know if it is a problem with the data coming from BT or a problem at PN.
Anotherone
Champion

On Monday lunchtime I still had calls on Friday 8th unconfirmed (now confirmed), and yesterday I still had calls for the 11th unconfirmed (now confirmed), but a call made yesterday has still not appeared even as unconfirmed!
Teds31
Grafter

Mine hasn't been updated since lunch time on the 15th.TED
pierre_pierre
Grafter

mines up to the 17th and confirmed
Anotherone
Champion

Well I still have no calls for the 17th showing Angry
As this is supposedly an automated process at PN, then presumeably there's a problem with data from BT?
But then again for calls to show as unconfirmed after they are confirmed, is that a processing issue at PN?
How is Call Data supplied by BT (obviously in a database - that detail is not especially of interest) ?
i) Does Unconfirmed call data get supplied separately from Confirmed or is this simply a processing thing?
ii) Does data get supplied in order of Exchange ID or STD code and in what order is it processed by PN?
iii) Does data from Satellite exchanges get delayed compared to main exchanges?
iv) Any other pertinent points?
James
Grafter

Just a quickie from me - We stopped calls records updating overnight as part of some routine maintenance work.
They should catch up by the end of the day.
Chris - Unconfirmed calls are run in a separate report to how the calls are confirmed.  I've no idea in what order we're actually supplied the data.