Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet works but phone doesn't

brennanthurston
Grafter

Internet works but phone doesn't

Hi,

me again......this time round it's about my landline.

A couple of months ago I had all these spam calls....suddenly the phone went very quiet and I thought "nice".

Yesterday, I tried to use my landline/home phone and the display said "landline occupied". I disconnected my internet, tried again, still no landline available.

Same a couple of minutes ago. I then tried to ring my home number.....I could hear the "ring ring" on my mobile but my home phone didn't ring.

What's wrong now???????

Jule

11 REPLIES 11
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Internet works but phone doesn't

Sorry to hear that.

Our tests have found a external fault so we're getting that raised for you.

We'll update the account shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
brennanthurston
Grafter

Thanks, Matthew.

Only had the new cable/landline installed last year after nearly 18 months of problems.

Wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't tried to ring this friend of mine. Really hardly use the landline. Only in cases of real emergencies.

Jule

brennanthurston
Grafter

Any news?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've been advised it was fixed this afternoon.

Can you test it?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
brennanthurston
Grafter

I tried the phone last night (Wednesday) and it worked.....right now it's not working, but in a different way: somebody tried to ring (phone rang twice), suddenly everything went dead including base, modem....virtually like a power cut. About 30 seconds later my phone started reconnecting with the base.....and the modem was back on.

Happened a couple of times....then I tried (using my mobile) and the same thing happened.

I dialed 1571 and 1471 to see if there was any message: I put in the numbers, the phone dialed, I heard "welcome.....2 then the line went dead again.

To cut it short: can't use the phone.

brennanthurston
Grafter

Update just now:

Can be rung. Got a phone call by a cold caller (hurray, at least that works) but can't ring , not even my 1571 or 1572.

brennanthurston
Grafter

@MatthewWheeler Update (phone still not working properly) this morning:

Phone rang with loud crackling noise, picked up (silent call, nothing spoken, caller hang up), then tried 1572, phone dialed and went dead.....rang 1471, phone dialed, heard first words of greeting, then phone/line went dead again. Seems like I can be called but can't make calls (tried my other phone just in case there's something wrong with my phone, but same with other gadget)

What now???????

Jule

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear that.

Our tests aren't showing a external fault so the only way to proceed will be to arrange a engineer.

Can you respond to the ticket I've raised on your account?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
brennanthurston
Grafter

Just got a message on my mobile.....will do.

brennanthurston
Grafter

@MatthewWheeler 1471 kept cutting out last night, but everything seems to be working again, can make and receive calls and access Plusnet services.

Thanks

Jule

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back in contact @brennanthurston

I can see your ticket has recently been updated to advise they believe the fault has now been rectified. I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. 

If we can help with anything further please don't hesitate to get back in contact. 

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team