cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet and phone dead

MadDragon
Grafter

Internet and phone dead

Hi, my internet died earlier today (i was just playing a game on my phone using the wifi and the game lost connection) and I noticed the dsl light was off on the openreach thing. I tried unplugging it etc but no luck. I plugged in a phone a while ago to see if that worked and there's no dial tone...

I tried the phone line checker thing but it came up with an oops message and a number to ring. Sad
5 REPLIES 5
MadDragon
Grafter

Re: Internet and phone dead

Good news! it's all sorted now Cheesy A man just came round and apparently the cabinet was a right mess and we had been unplugged! It all seems to be working now *touches wood* ^^
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@MadDragon wrote:
I tried the phone line checker thing but it came up with an oops message and a number to ring. Sad

When the checker detects a line fault, its tendency is to automatically raise a fault teport to Openreach, while telling you that "Oops someting went wrong". Just one of those little quirks that make life with Plusnet that much more "interesting".  Wink

If it happens again you can check here to see if a ticket has been created -

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
MadDragon
Grafter

It just got "interesting" again lol. Same problem as last time. Was working fine 1 minute then completely dead the next! I got the same oops page and checked your link and it looks like it opened a ticket so fingers crossed it gets fixed as quick as last time heh.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear the fault has returned.

It looks like the troubleshooter found an external fault on the line known as a ' Dis In Network'

We'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MadDragon
Grafter

It got fixed again earlier today (hopefully for the last time heh) and so far so good.

Thanks! Cheesy