cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call to Switzerland

jmd
Grafter

International call to Switzerland

I am on "anytime+" and have been trying to find out if Switzerland is one of the top 20 places I can call that is inclusive - but the help and support keeps directing you to call charges but that does not say anything about the included destinations!! Undecided
Can someone tell me please?
19 REPLIES 19
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: International call to Switzerland

link to price list and Switzerland isn't in the top 20
jmd
Grafter

Well, yes I found that list but it does not make it clear as to which are inclusive!  in other words - it does not actually tell you that! Something needs making clear.........................
I find it quite irritating that you have to plough through several help and support pages, then load the call prices but this information should be listed under the "anytime+" product.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I agree 100% - it was only because I knew where it was that I posted the link.
All we have is this statement in the product description
300 minutes to top 20 international destinations (landlines only)
with no link to anywhere else.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@Josie
When you come across one of these elusive little beggars, bookmark it quickly before it disappears.
I've put a link on my signature now.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Santiago
Grafter

If you need to call Switzerland, use telediscount http://www.telediscount.com/index2.php
Calls to Landlines are 2p per minute
jmd
Grafter

Oh that is useful - thanks Santiago - have you used that service with a Plusnet Homephone Anytime+ and you got billed correctly?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

You can get it for 0.5p per min see  : http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/intcallchecker/switzerland
you can get a list of most countries there. We use it for Spain (BT landline though) and do get charged the 0.5p it's excellent.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jmd
Grafter

I forgot about Martins finance page!  But would still like to know how using one of these is affected by being on Homephone anytimeplus - the access numbers begins with 0844
Santiago
Grafter

I don't have Plusnet home phone. I have used telediscount for quite a while and it has been very reliable.
I have BT phone and when I use Telediscount the charges always appear correctly on the bill.
The thing I like is there is no account to set up and you don't have to buy credit in advance
Martin Lewis has lots of info on telephone discounts on his site http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/
pd
Grafter

www.phonecheap.co.uk is only 0.5p per minute to Switzerland from a BT line. I suppose it all depends what PN charge to dial the 0844 200 98 98 number.
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: jmdlp
the access numbers begins with 0844

If you're talking about DialAround or PhoneCheap, they're access number starts with 0844 200 which, according to this page is a g22 call.  On BT these are charged at 0.5p/min inc.VAT (see this page of BT's price list).
On PN a g22 call is also charged at 0.5p/min inc. VAT, see the price list here.
As an aside, carrier override codes currently also work with PN.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Paul03
As an aside, carrier override codes currently also work with PN.

Assuming you can register (if needed) with the carrier, without carrier pre-select  Huh (and of course that carrier doesn't incorrectly turn you off later on 🐵
paulby
Grafter

Carrier override doesn't need CPS.  It can be done on a per call basis. (It's called Indirect Access
For example I've got an account with Alpha Telecom.  You dial 1833 before you make a call and the call is routed over Alpha's network (and the cost is taken from a pre-pay balance).
You can route calls over BT, should you wish, by dialling 1280 before you dial the number - the cost will appear on your PN bill.
With CPS your calls are automatically routed over the carrier of your choice without the need for a four digit prefix.
It is true, however, that only BT are required to allow the use of indirect access codes.  PN are at liberty to block their use should they choose to.
itsme
Grafter

Could use PN Broadband phone. Calls to Switzerland are charged at 2.5ppm