cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calls limit

francklavie
Dabbler

International Calls limit

At the moment users of the Anytime 300 International package receives 300 minutes worth of international calls for an extra of £7 per month. However I have found myself calling for more than the 300 minutes. All other phone companies have an unlimited package for international calls e.g. sky, virgin etc. I would like to see another package "Anytime 10 hours International" which could be priced at £10 extra per month. I am not asking for a free package but for more minutes at cheaper rates and not pay the astonishing 34p for the first minute everytime I am over the 300 minutes. By doing this poll I would like PlusNet Marketing to think about it and come up with a resolution.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: International Calls limit

I shall pass your feedback on to the people that design our product offerings, thanks for the idea.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Depending on where you are calling have you looked at some of the cheaper rates using the International Call Checker?
I rarely call internationally and only to one country which is not on PN's international list anyway.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

francklavie
Dabbler

Hi Mav, I did but like you I am only calling one country but mine is 34p for the first minute. Have you ask PN why your country is not on their list?
Mav
Fixes: 515

It wasn't on BT's nor TT's when my phone was with them so I don't expect it'd be added any time soon.
SWMBO now mostly uses Skype and rarely uses the phone but I still check for best prices regularly just in case she does need to. Currently the cheapest I can find works out at around 5ppm with a 15p setup fee so 22p for the first minute.
The last time she dialled was in August at just over £5 previously was March at just over £1 so adding international calls, if available, wouldn't be worth the cost for us anyway.
Still far cheaper than the standard call costs of between 63.8ppm and 57.4ppm depending on time of the call.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still