cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Call Charges

Mahon

International Call Charges

I'm a bit confused here.  I'm on the Anytime International 300 Tariff and on the call costs page it states "Anytime International 300 provides 300 anytime minutes to USA mobiles, Canada mobiles and all landlines for countries indicated below"  I made a 57 minute call to New Zealand which is listed in the "countries below" and have been charged £8.51.  Do I not get 300 minutes included?
7 REPLIES 7
Mahon

Re: International Call Charges

OK I just found were International calls are chargeable after 30 minutes.  30???  why only 30.  Why not 60 like other companies (TalkTalk)?
From the TalkTalk website
The International Boost gives you unlimited calls to standard international mobile and landline numbers to our top destinations below
The maximum call time is 60 minutes per call but to keep chatting just call back within 60 minutes to avoid our Standard International Call Rates
Call rates for New Zealand - TalkTalk  20p per min for landlines and mobiles
Call rates for New Zealand - Plusnet  31.50 23.55 23.55 59.25 50.62 50.62  (thats daytime, evening and weekends for landlines followed by mobiles)
Doesn't look good Plusnet
RJM
Rising Star

Try, "18185" or similar company.
They charge 2p per minute  from a landline calling to New Zealand.
http://www.18185.co.uk/rates.php
Mahon

Thanks.  I know there are alternatives but I was hoping someone from Plusnet would acknowledge this query and explain why they are so much more expensive in this area
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm afraid that as you've found our international calls are free on certain packages up to 30 minutes and then chargeable. This is called out on the tariff and price information pages for the calls, sorry if you weren't aware of this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mahon

And why only 30 minutes?  I've already quoted TalkTalks charges, heres Skys
Unlimited calls to 50 popular destinations last up to an hour after which standard Sky international rates apply
Note - "Unlimited" and "an hour"

Bigmac

I totally agree Mahon. I raised this issue about 9 months ago and was told there might not be much demand for it but it would be looked into. I am still waiting to hear if it was looked into, even after raising the issue for a second time. We are paying for 300 minutes and using it in bundles of up to 60 minutes at a time is not too much to ask, in my opinion.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Unfortunately this is something that we are not looking at changing for the time being but I certainly will pass on your feedback regarding this.