cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent phone line problem

katie
Grafter

Intermittent phone line problem

I have raised a ticket for this problem and it is being investigated but wondered if anyone had ever had the same problem.
A few weeks ago, when I dialed a number on my phone, it would only connect every 2-3 times - nothing happened and I still had a dial tone when I tried again. I blamed the phone & got some new ones but the problem remains. This is being investigated though the tests didn't show a problem.
At the same time the phone problem started, my ip security cameras started going blank for a minute or so at a time, there is no pattern to it and not all the cameras go off together. It's as though there is a dip in the signal and the camera picture does pick up again after a minute or so. Could it be a problem in the router?
I am on Plusnet Extra Fibre 250 using a Technicolor TG582n router.
I cannot help thinking that the two problems are linked as they started at the same time. I just cannot work out what is wrong.
I have tried switching everything off & on again but that didn't sort either problem.
Katie
2 REPLIES 2
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Intermittent phone line problem

Hi katie,
Really sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing. I can see this is in hand with our Faults team on Ticket: 83236349. I'll ensure this is picked up later today and further investigated for you. Our Faults team are going to be the best team to help you resolve this issue.
katie
Grafter

Re: Intermittent phone line problem

OK Thank You Linn.
Katie